Contribute
Register

Screen Lines issues. Let's find out.

Esperienced any graphics issues

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hold off and see what future updates might yield in terms of graphics fixes.

- Probook i3
- without Radeon 6490m
- AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Version. 167.0.0
- DSDT Yes)
- Bios latest
- Problem: (lines)
- Browser used: chrome

i just maximize my ram today, from 4GB to 8GB.
i notice it is "intel hd 3000 512MB" before it was about "3??MB"
i been using this laptop for a week on 4GB RAM and notice no lines at all.
but earlier i was playing angry birds rio with upgrade RAM. the screen was turning black on and off. but after i restart it is gone, i guess that was random too,

i dont know why browser should be apart of this but i notice the lines was on my desktop.

i have yet to renew my dsdt, don't know if its nesscessary

M0KUJINKEN said:
- Probook i3
- without Radeon 6490m
- AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Version. 167.0.0
- DSDT Yes)
- Bios latest
- Problem: (lines)
- Browser used: chrome

i just maximize my ram today, from 4GB to 8GB.
i notice it is "intel hd 3000 512MB" before it was about "3??MB"
i been using this laptop for a week on 4GB RAM and notice no lines at all.
but earlier i was playing angry birds rio with upgrade RAM. the screen was turning black on and off. but after i restart it is gone, i guess that was random too,

i dont know why browser should be apart of this but i notice the lines was on my desktop.

i have yet to renew my dsdt, don't know if its nesscessary

Yes we've found that not replacing your dsdt after uprgrading your ram does cause issues whilst trying to boot.
The apparent increase of ram on your intel hd is due to your physical ram upgrade, I think it is because it shares some of your graphics ram with the system if you only have 4gb

Crud. Was doing well all day today and then suddenly tonight after I came out of sleep, I had the lines again. This is how it usually starts. Then all the little black lines start showing up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-03 at 11.02.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-03 at 11.02.09 PM.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 229
Is there is anybody with i5 who don't have graphic problems? If so, please, write your amount of RAM.
Thanx.

EugeneY said:
Is there is anybody with i5 who don't have graphic problems? If so, please, write your amount of RAM.
Thanx.

I have an i5. I get the lines occasionally and I've tried these combinations of RAM:

- two 1gb
- one 2gb
- two 2gb
- one 4gb
- two 4gb

I don't think it's related to the RAM, but i guess it could be related to the kind of ram people are using. Seems more software related though.

Later this afternoon I'm going to attach 4 kexts. They are the same with different modifications. I'd like you all to test and see what works the best.

Would anyone mind placing whether or not they have GraphicsEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, or no graphics enabler key in their org.chameleon.boot.plist. I have tried the first 2 back and forth with no luck. Now I am trying the last in some faint hope that it will help in combination with the 4 kexts uploaded

You actually add a key to the plist. It should work either way. But I don't know how it is implemented so it may have different results.

Not including Graphics Enabler in the boot.plist that's the same as you write GE=No. There is no need for GE=Yes because our graphic card is recognized correct. UseKernelCache works correct only with chimera but not with chameleon. My system boots up in 28 seconds with stock HDD and I don't have any KP during boot for three weeks, but with chameleon I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back