Register

Screen Lines issues. Let's find out.

Esperienced any graphics issues

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Probook 4331s with i5-2430m
- with Radeon 6490m
- I applied installer version 3.1.0. does it contains dual-link DSDT patch? I don't think so.
- F.20
- random freezes, and lines.
- Browser used: Google Chrome

Edit. I'm using 8 gigs of ram. (2x4g, dual channel)

i see that most of you have have the ati graphics card working. how come?

sorry for the offtopic :?

wafflesrhadoo said:
i see that most of you have have the ati graphics card working. how come?

sorry for the offtopic :?

No one has it. It just is helpful to state if it is in their laptop.

gerard71 said:
not to use the dual channel is it will solve the problem

I had no crash with using GE=yes. Even with different video driver some artifact still appeared. I am now trying with the original single (removed the 3rd party one I had added) HP 4GB dimm and so far no artifacts even in places I could force it to happen before such as after sleep.

Will post back if I still get artifacts.

shazeal said:
gerard71 said:
not to use the dual channel is it will solve the problem

I had no crash with using GE=yes. Even with different video driver some artifact still appeared. I am now trying with the original single (removed the 3rd party one I had added) HP 4GB dimm and so far no artifacts even in places I could force it to happen before such as after sleep.

Will post back if I still get artifacts.

No even with single 4gb ram chip still get artifacts, maybe even worse than with 8gb. :crazy:

Yeah I did. Its not the ram though, it doesnt make sense if you think about it.
You NEVER get the graphic glitches in Snow Leopard regardless of ram. It has to be a driver issue. Also if the dual channel was somehow causing a sync issue it would appear regardless of OS/driver so we would see this in Linux/Windows too.

I have been weeks without glitches, and then it wont go away for days. However when using Snow Leopard I have never once had a glitch in several months of usage.

Its bad lion drivers. Its enabled differently in SL which is why some doesn't work like VGA HDMI etc, but no artifacts.

This is only the second set of graphics drivers for a brand new card. Future update will fix it probably.

- Probook 4530s Cord i3-2310
- Intel Hd Graphics 3000
- AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Version.
- Dual link patched applied in dsdt? No
- Bios Version FOA
- Problem: Lines (only been running for 2 days so far, no freezes)
- Browser used: FireFox
- 2x4 GB Ram (I added this one in because from the research I did, many people think this problem has to do with RAM)

No graphic problems at all. No freezes. Unibeast install - 10.7.2

Probook type 4530s with i3
- without Radeon 6490m
- AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Version. - sorry not sure used the last 10.7.2 bk installer
- Dual link patched applied in dsdt? (No)
- Bios Version F20
- Problem: No
- Browser used: Safari / BUT mainly Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back