Contribute
Register

Screen Glitching on High Sierra HD630 GA-Z270N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to choose the SMBIOS that most closely matches your system, beginning with processor family. Speed of the processor, as far as I know, makes no difference.

OK well 18,1 would definitely be the right one as far as processor family. I just ran a Geekbench 4vtest and found that it scored 16452 on multicore and 5491 on single core, which seems about right to me.

So, I will now have the job of clearing out my SMBIOS and starting over so that this can be set up for iMessage, iCloud, etc.

Thanks everyone so much for your help!

Quite welcome. Glad I could be of assistance and not a detriment. :crazy:

OK I need some more advice.
I am following Pilgrim's thread to set up iMessage, etc. here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
I opened my config.plist in TextWrangler and deleted the whole SMBIOS section so I could start fresh with a new SMBIOS setup based on 18,1.
I opened my config.plist in Clover Configurator and the SMBIOS section was empty, as expected. However, as soon as I chose 18,1 as my system definition, all of my old information came back: serial number, board serial number, board-id, etc. Why does this come back? Does Clover Configurator have some kind of cache somewhere? If so, is there a way to delete it?
I realize I can just create a new serial number and board serial number. What I am concerned about is the board-id. If that stays the same as my previous configuration based on 18,3, is that going to cause problems and get me kicked off iMessage, etc?

UPDATE: After more research I decided that "board-id" is an identifier for a particular Apple model motherboard. I assumed that Clover Configurator used the right one for me. I went ahead and recreated the new SMBIOS and was able to log in with iMessage, etc. and all seems to be well and the screen glitching is completely gone. Thanks again everyone.

Correct - the board ID is nothing to be concerned over.

Congrats on getting things squared away!

Is it possible to start dual monitor on HD630? After update on 10.13.4 only one monitor works without glitching.
When change SMBIOS to 18,3 dual monitor works, but glitching like on this video
When change SMBIOS to 18,1 or 17,1 works only one monitor.

Correct - the board ID is nothing to be concerned over.

Congrats on getting things squared away!

OK thanks for the confirmation. One problem remains: audio. I'm not sure I lost it when I upgraded to 10.13.4 or as a result of this SMBIOS change, but I have no audio devices. I tried running the latest Multibeast, checking off ALC 1220 and the other option that says "required for audio 100, 200, and 300 series boards" but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Is it possible to start dual monitor on HD630? After update on 10.13.4 only one monitor works without glitching.
When change SMBIOS to 18,3 dual monitor works, but glitching like on this video
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can run two monitors off the 630. I could be mistaken!

When change SMBIOS to 18,3 dual monitor works, but glitching like on this video .

I'm guessing you need a discrete card. On real Macs, the 18,1 uses HD 6xx graphics, whereas the 18,2 and 18,3 have AMD cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back