i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was running Sierra on my wife's ITX build (Core i5 7600K - Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI - HD630) and everything was fine. I upgraded to High Sierra a few weeks ago, and ever since then she has been experiencing terrible screen glitching. Parts of the screen turn black, others flash in and out, and everything just becomes totally unusable.

The frequency is increasing, to the point where she can hardly use it.

I have Lilu 1.2.1 and IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.1 installed in Library/Extensions.

Can anyone help me figure out why the screen is glitching so badly? I can provide screen shots, config list, or whatever.

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 8.25.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 8.25.13 PM.png

I've been reading the forums and found this guide, which uses essentially the same hardware:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-upgrade-fresh-install-on-h270n-wifi.233433/

In that guide, the Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts are installed into the EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder rather than the Library/Extensions folder, which is where I have mine. Could that be my problem? If so, how do I move those kexts from Library/Extensions to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other? I know you can't just copy/paste them in the Finder.

Or am I better off just buying a graphics card and forgetting about getting HD630 to work (which I assume is the problem, though I don't really know)?

You can copy/paste into C/k/o without any problems. You can also delete the kexts in L/E - after providing administrator override. You will then need to rebuild the kext cache and reboot. Just be quite sure of which kexts you are removing.

Last edited:
This problem in its severest form seemed to go away for a while, but reappeared again a couple of weeks ago for no reason that I can tell (i.e. no updates were run that I know of). Today I updated the system to 10.3.4, updated Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to the latest version, rebuilt the kext cache, and updated Clover to the latest version, but the problem appears to be worse if anything, not better.

Am I looking at a hardware problem here, or is something just screwed up on the software side?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I've switched out the monitor cable to eliminate that as a cause.

Have you tried switching the ig-platform-id to end in a 3?

Have you tried switching the ig-platform-id to end in a 3?

No, I haven't. So are you saying to replace the last zero in the ig-platform-id to a 3? Like this:

0x591200003

Tried changing the last 0 to a 3 and it threw me into a boot loop.

Any other ideas? Or was that not the right thing to do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back