Nvidia 630M 2Gig
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
  2. Other
Can anyone tell me how to make the SATA-AHCI visible on Disk utility on osx installation?

I search some solution and some said that i should make SATA to AHCI in bios.
By default mine is using SATA-AHCI. Meaning that i am using AHCI too and theres no way to change it in my bios. Its fix.

Is there a solution for this?

Can anyone tell me how to make the SATA-AHCI visible on Disk utility on osx installation?

I search some solution and some said that i should make SATA to AHCI in bios.
By default mine is using SATA-AHCI. Meaning that i am using AHCI too and theres no way to change it in my bios. Its fix.

Is there a solution for this?

What hardware do you have? Please fill out your profile, per rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Done sir, I put my specification on my profille

I upload also a txt file report base on cpu-z.

I hope there's a solution to my problem :D

Not enough information in your profile. Please add detailed specs. Exact CPU, computer model and/or motherboard manufacturer model, etc.

As a for example, I still am not sure if your computer is a laptop or a desktop (I'm guessing laptop...), but you're posting in the Desktop Support forum??

Not enough information in your profile. Please add detailed specs. Exact CPU, computer model and/or motherboard manufacturer model, etc.

As a for example, I still am not sure if your computer is a laptop or a desktop (I'm guessing laptop...), but you're posting in the Desktop Support forum??

Ok i updated my profile. Not sure if ive give enough info. But i upload my cpu-z report txt file. And if you want i can delete my post and post it to laptop section. Didnt notice the laptop section before cause its not on the installation tab :D

I am using HP pavilion dv6.
specs
4g ram type DDR3
500-HDD SATA-AHCI
Chipset: Sandy bridge
Bios Brand: Insyde
Mother board model: 181B - HP
GPU: Intel HD 300
Intel core i5
Nvidia GeForce 630M 2Gig

Attachments

• report.rar
    13 KB · Views: 59
Ok i updated my profile. Not sure if ive give enough info. But i upload my cpu-z report txt file. And if you want i can delete my post and post it to laptop section. Didnt notice the laptop section before cause its not on the installation tab :D

I am using HP pavilion dv6.
specs
4g ram type DDR3
500-HDD SATA-AHCI
Chipset: Sandy bridge
Bios Brand: Insyde
Mother board model: 181B - HP
GPU: Intel HD 300
Intel core i5
Nvidia GeForce 630M 2Gig

Your CPU is an i5-2450M and that's what should be in your profile.
Your graphics is HD3000 (not HD 300), you also have the Nvidia 630M, which won't be used in OS X (OS X does not supported optimus switching).
Your chipset is HM77.

And... this is a laptop, I will move it to the laptop section.

This is going to be a bit of a challenge:
- nvidia optimus complicates the install
- Sandy Bridge CPU on 7-series chipset complicates the install

You will probably want to delete all NVDA* GeForce* kexts from /System/Library/Extensions and you will need DSDT patches to fix up the Sandy on 7-series problem. See this thread for that: Acer Aspire s3-391 i3 Mountain Lion Install (10.8.4)

For the AHCI issue, you're going to want to gather a list of PCI devices via 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Your CPU is an i5-2450M and that's what should be in your profile.
Your graphics is HD3000 (not HD 300), you also have the Nvidia 630M, which won't be used in OS X (OS X does not supported optimus switching).
Your chipset is HM77.

And... this is a laptop, I will move it to the laptop section.

This is going to be a bit of a challenge:
- nvidia optimus complicates the install
- Sandy Bridge CPU on 7-series chipset complicates the install

You will probably want to delete all NVDA* GeForce* kexts from /System/Library/Extensions and you will need DSDT patches to fix up the Sandy on 7-series problem. See this thread for that: Acer Aspire s3-391 i3 Mountain Lion Install (10.8.4)

For the AHCI issue, you're going to want to gather a list of PCI devices via 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Didnt work. I deleted NVDA* kext and still I cant see my HD on disk util
I tried the following command
-f
-v
GraphicsEnabler=No
-x

What should i do?
Thanks

Didnt work. I deleted NVDA* kext and still I cant see my HD on disk util
I tried the following command
-f
-v
GraphicsEnabler=No
-x

What should i do?
Thanks

So, you reached the installer, but in Disk Utility you don't see your HDD?
Check your BIOS settings to be sure SATA is in AHCI mode.

Otherwise, You need to get a list of PCI devices so we can see what the SATA controller is reporting. Run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal and report the result.

Edit: Actually, I can see from your report.txt that you have 8086:282a controller in RAID mode.

Follow this link:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...-envy-dv6-7202se-compatible-6.html#post652734

Download the HPRAIDInjector.kext that I provide in the post. Uncompress the archive and copy the kext to /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

So, you reached the installer, but in Disk Utility you don't see your HDD?
Check your BIOS settings to be sure SATA is in AHCI mode.

Otherwise, You need to get a list of PCI devices so we can see what the SATA controller is reporting. Run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal and report the result.

Edit: Actually, I can see from your report.txt that you have 8086:282a controller in RAID mode.

Follow this link:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...-envy-dv6-7202se-compatible-6.html#post652734

Download the HPRAIDInjector.kext that I provide in the post. Uncompress the archive and copy the kext to /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

Hi. Sorry for delayed reply. I was busy this past few days.
Anyway, I tried the kext u gave and i can now see my HDD on disk util installation. Thank you very much.
But before i begin the installation, I just want to clarify something. The tutorial on dual booting said that i should delete the whole disk and create 2 partition and install windows first.
As for me I already had a windows 8 installed with a free partition(that partition is where my linux is installed right now).
If i just erased that linux partition on disk util and change it to mac journaled, then install the mac osx, will it affect my windows boot? I'm just worried that i might lost all my files on windows because of boot problem once the osx is installed or on the other hand i might not see the boot selection and went straight to windows or osx

Hi. Sorry for delayed reply. I was busy this past few days.
Anyway, I tried the kext u gave and i can now see my HDD on disk util installation. Thank you very much.
But before i begin the installation, I just want to clarify something. The tutorial on dual booting said that i should delete the whole disk and create 2 partition and install windows first.
As for me I already had a windows 8 installed with a free partition(that partition is where my linux is installed right now).
If i just erased that linux partition on disk util and change it to mac journaled, then install the mac osx, will it affect my windows boot? I'm just worried that i might lost all my files on windows because of boot problem once the osx is installed or on the other hand i might not see the boot selection and went straight to windows or osx

If your disk is partitioned as GPT, it might work just to install OS X that way, but you won't be able to boot Windows from Chimera that way (Chimera cannot boot a UEFI install of Windows, and Windows is always UEFI on GPT). It also might not work as it is possible that your disk is formatted MBR (in which case Windows is installed legacy). While Chimera can boot a Windows installation that is legacy, you cannot install OS X to MBR without patching the installer (not recommended).

If you are concerned about your data/Windows install, then you should remove the hard disk and replace it with a different one for OS X installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back