Contribute
Register

SangThip's Build - ASRock X79 Extreme6 - Core i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz, 32GB & Geforce GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally good power management for 3930k ASRock Extreme6 X79 combination.

bios upgraded to 3.0 and Push/Pull setup on TD02.

Now
4.39Ghz from 1.296V, using a minimum of 4.1W power, Idling at core average of 28C average working 35C and Prime testing never exceeding 75C, Geek3/32 in the 21k Range.

All together it is around 5C Cooler, 2K faster, using 10W less power at 0.059V less voltage.

Finally good power management for 3930k ASRock Extreme6 X79 combination

Bios upgraded to 3.0 and Push/Pull setup on TD02

Now
4.39Ghz from 1.296V, using a minimum of 4.1W power, Idling at core average of 28C average working 35C and Prime testing never exceeding 75C, Geek3/32 in the 21k Range.

All together it is around 5C Cooler, 2K faster, using 10W less power at 0.059V less voltage.

Nice!

@sangthip,

Does your build sleep/wake properly? I'm using a similar Marvell 9230-based card and upon wakeup I'm seeing the messages about disks not being unmounted properly, and the HDD connected to the Marvell card is not accessible anymore. I haven't patched my DSDT, do you think that would help in this case?

Regards,
Alex.

Hi SangThip,

many thanks for this post. I hope with your instructions I can get my build running.
As this is my first Hackintosh many procedures are quite new to me - and sometimes cryptical as well.
My Hardware: ASRock X79 Extreme6, i7 4820K (Ivy Bridge), Asus GTX 760.
OSX: Mavericks

Installation and first boot of Mavericks was flawless thanks to Unibeast, but after installing some predefined drivers by Multibeast, OSX was not bootable anymore. The computer falls into a kind of deep sleep mode immediately.

I think I have to use the same kext files you did.

How can I get multibeast to use the right files/folders?
Which folder do I have to use? There always seem to be two identical ones, one of them named "OSX".
Is it important to install any files BEFORE building the installation drive by unibeast?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you ever get the onboard 3.5mm jacks to work?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you did.

Someone has successfully updated to High Sierra with this MB?

Has anybody updated successfully to Sierra with this setup? I have almost the same, and would like to know what options you'd select with MultiBeast to get it to work properly.

Especially for USB 3.

High Sierra is still too new for Pro Tools to work completely.

I have Mojave 14.6 running happy on it.. Only 2 Items Replaced in its Solid life of 8+years, Water cooling, replaced Tundra with a PermaFrost and the 670 with a 870ti.. I am not looking at replacing it. cannot go above 14.6 not that Ive tried to.. I hope it goes for another 10years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back