Contribute
Register

SangThip's Build - ASRock X79 Extreme6 - Core i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz, 32GB & Geforce GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the great posts and info SangThip. I have a system somewhat similar to yours and I got the new Mavericks update to work with minimal problems thanks to your updated kexts. The problem that I am having with mine is that iMessage wont work. I've tried about every "solution" I've stumbled across with no luck. I was just wondering if you had any issues with that on this build and how you were able to fix it.

(Side note, the App Store, iTunes and iCloud are all working. iMessage is the only one giving me problems: "An error occurred during activation. Try again.")

ASRock x79 Extreme6
Intel 3820
Nvidia GTX 760

I don't think I can help I don't use iMessage or Face time

There is a lot of chatter on other forums about this not working with mavericks so you are not on your lonesome

Search for "
10.9: FaceTime and iMessage won't let me sign in

"
there may be some other hints around, This may fix it.

Chameleon installed add File "FileNVARM.dylib" to modules folder

• Go to your /Extra folder --> Create a "Modules" folder without the quotes if you haven't already got one
  • Drag and drop the FileNVRAM.dylib to the Modules folder
  • Reboot and sign in to iMessage!

Great post, thank you very much for this. It is very detailed and extremely useful/helpful. Also for all of the attached zip files. This was very selfless of you to do and much appreciated, hope I am able to return the favor/generosity someday. Very very cool - THANK YOU! :thumbup:

...do you think your guide and attached kexts would also work with the ASUS X79 Deluxe?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X79DELUXE/#specifications

Thanks, I do believe that passing knowledge and information on is a good thing.

There is a site dedicated to X79 systems, there is a lot of useful stuff there for X79 Hackintoshes

use google and search for this
"All Asus Mainstream x79 Motherboards DSDT’s For Nvidia and AMD/ATI GPUS"

It will probably be at the top of the list.

Thanks, I do believe that passing knowledge and information on is a good thing.

There is a site dedicated to X79 systems, there is a lot of useful stuff there for X79 Hackintoshes

use google and search for this
"All Asus Mainstream x79 Motherboards DSDT’s For Nvidia and AMD/ATI GPUS"

It will probably be at the top of the list.

Awesome, thank you.

The reason I asked about ASUS X79 Deluxe is that it seems to have very similar spec's to ASRock Extreme6 - they both use ASMedia® ASM1042 controller

Seeing your post and kext for this made me wonder if it might work for the ASUS X79 Deluxe as well. It "seems like" it would/should, but Im a "noob" and dont want to end up wasting my $$$ on a mobo that wont be compatible. Im just not 100% and wanted to check.

thank you for the info

...also was able to download optimized DSDT.aml from the ws you mentioned, ASUS X79 Deluxe - nice!

there may be some other hints around, This may fix it.

Chameleon installed add File "FileNVARM.dylib" to modules folder

• Go to your /Extra folder --> Create a "Modules" folder without the quotes if you haven't already got one
  • Drag and drop the FileNVRAM.dylib to the Modules folder
  • Reboot and sign in to iMessage!

Thanks! worked perfectly. Somehow I never did stumble upon this solution, it's just what I needed.

BIG trouble.
Same computer
Asrock x79 extreme4 , same CPU...i7 3930k
MAVERIK

no LAN
no Audio

I try the kext here you upload...but nothing to do.

No working with maverick?

I use a patched DSDT. Are you using a DSDT with patches for audio and network in it, if not have a look around for one that matches your board (someone must have an Extreme4 DSDT), or make your own.I have upgraded to 10.9.1 no troubles only had to reapply HDA files

When I put my system together I didn’t have much time to waste optimising anything within the system. It was all just plonked in in a fashion to get it going.
I Waited till Christmas/New Year break to Play around with the drive layout on the BEAST

The computer has 2 6GB and 4 3GB ports on the intel controller, 2 6GB ports on each of the ASMedia controllers and 4 6GB ports on an Marvell 88SE9230 PCI2.0 x2 Controller

Setup with SSD and Raptor on intel 6GB, Software Raid 0, WorkDrive and DVD on the 4 Intel 3GB ports, Hardware Raid 0 (Windows8) and a scrap drive on the Marvell, along with 2 scrap drives, HotSwap and eSATA ports on the ASMedia controller.

I had played around with fusion drive configurations but ended up giving that idea the flip (being a Hackintosh that lives on Beta Versions it was just to hard to keep it going smoothly)

I thought you might like to see before and after I/O of the system.

First up The Blu-Ray Raptor SSD and RAM drive have not changed have not changed since the last lot of modifications.

The drives being used are nothing fancy just Barracuda 2TB’s
(Look at the Final 2 Pics and you’ll see a massive increase in WRITE Performance GO Figure)

As Always click on the Thumbnail if you want a bigger Pic

Reference Starting I/O

Raptor HDD 6GB Intel Port
Raptor on Intel 6G port.png
Work Drive 3GB Intel Port
Single Drive Intel 3G port.png
Raid0 Storage Drive 3GB Intel Port
SoftRaid on Intel 3Gb port.png

Mid Step
Work Drive 6GB Marvell Controller
Single Drive Marvell Controller.png
Raid0 Storage Drive 6GB Asmedia Controller
SoftRaid on ASMedia Single Controller.png

Next Step
Raid0 Storage Drive Split across 2 6GB Asmedia Controllers
SoftRaid on ASMedia Twin Controllers.png

Next Step
Work Drive 6GB Asmedia Controller
Single Drive ASMedia controller.png
Raid0 Storage Drive Software Raid0 on Marvell Controller
SoftRaid on Marvell Controller.png

Final Step
Raid0 Storage Drive HardWare Raid0 on Marvell Controller
HardRaid on Marvell Controller.pngHardRaid on Marvell Controller Bar.png

Ill keep this layout for a while (I don't do many random writes to the Raid Drive)

Fine Tuning Continued

ASRock x79 onboard fan Connectors.

A WARNING!

ASRock X79 boards have 2 connectors for the CPU fan One a three pin and the other 4 pin. It also has 3 Chassis fan connectors 1 four pin the other 2 3 pin and a 3 pin PowerSupply connector.

Now for elaboration on the CPU connector. In the BIOS you only have one setting that controls both connectors, You have the choice of FULL on or Automatic with Custom and 5 steps.

This is where I almost cooked my cpu.. I had the Radiator fans connected to the 4 pin and the Water pump connected to the three pin, on setting 1 giving me around 1600RPM on the fans.

In my attempt to quieten down the FAN roar, I used the Custom setting and set it to 45 out of 255 which starts the fans at 400Rpm and gives a really quiet machine.

But setting Custom this low appears to set the pump connector to a point where it does not start and the only water flow i was getting was the natural heat rises effect. The CPU fan Starts at 4v and the pump at 6v. Not really efficient but still working.

Being that I like silence when listening to music I had to find a work around. So I simply moved the Pump connecter to one of the three pin chassis connectors and set that connector to level 3 giving 2400RPM to the pump and placed the VRM cooling fan connector in the CPU port, which now rises and falls with the Radiator Fan. (BTW the radiator fans are Delta 12 SHA so the do make a bit too much noise above 1500RPM (Range 400-3900RPM)

Today I has been in the mid 30’s C and the fans only wound up twice during some complex circuit simulations in a virtual windows8 box while rendering a movie in OSx.

Now its Quiet and cool.

And Yes I will confirm the board has 2 PWM and 3 Voltage controlled fan ports, and that the Power Supply connector has only 12V and tacho.

Its just a pity that the 2 CPU ports cant be controlled individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back