Contribute
Register

SANDY BRIDGE INSTALLATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all! I'm new to the forum, and new to all that's Mac. I have an Asus set up, which has been stripped down to the following for the Mac OS X install;
Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z Mobo
Nvidia Quadro 4000 Video card
4gb Ram
Intel i7 2600K Cpu
Corsair H80 Cpu Cooler
500gb Seagate Barracuda HDD

I began by following the recomended settings for pre-install on Bios. I proceded to install with iBoot the retail version of 10.6.3. At this point I had everything working, including internet. However, once I completed the update install of the 10.6.8 combo, I now have not internet connection, (although the cable it's connected and my other 2 pc are connected to the same router, it tells me 'Cable Unplugged' and router lights indicates it's not connected to it), nor audio devices found...I did run the MultiBeast 3.10.1 and followed the settings provided on the first page of this dicussion for non DSDT boards. I have tried setting the connection manually using the proper information without results, as well as searched many forums discussions with same results.

Sorry for the long explanation, it seems proper showcase of my frustration, :?. I would like to thank everyone for providing such wealth of information and guidance, and hope to find a solution to my dilemma! Thank you!

reply for marcoscar .it sounds like it would be easier to reload win7 ,disconnect the mac drive and load win7 on its drive ,when done plug the mac drive back in and it should just give you the 2 options when pressing spacebar at chameleon boot screen

hi uniq12, remove the hda kexts in sle and the lan kexts ,do the checks in karachos 2nd post on page 1 ,that is your soundchip and your lan chip is the intel 1000 so check that one instead of the realtek one ,and get back to us

reply for veng58.

I reloaded a new version of W7 on a different drive... When hitting the spacebar at bootscreen.. I have now 5 icons!!
If I choose "System reserved".. windows 7 is running correctly! That's cool!

the orthers icons are :
Apple mac
Windows Fat 32
and 2 icons "windows NTFS"......

But I still do not undersatnd why I have so many other isons...
I think that W7 created partition when I reinstal It... (security? may be...)

if you have any ideas....

thanks!

marcoscar ,is you windows drive in 4 or five partitions ? it does look like it,mine is in 2 and i get at bootscreen 2 showing 4 in all as first boot lion /2nd boot snow leopard ,and the 2 windows drive ,Karacho does have a thread on here ,how to remove the icons you do not want ,cannot remember the title of the thread ,perhaps he can point you to it

marcoscar said:
Will this repair modify my bios set up?
No. But i think you have had installed Win7 before you installed OSX. And to install OSX you changed your Bios to AHCI and now Win7 complains about that fact. The Solution might be there -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42255
- if "start windows normally" selected :
reboot and do not run...
See above!
Hit the "d" : Message "Boot MGR is missing"
That's clear...i think it's a Data Partition with no Bootloader installed
Do you know why I have this 4 icons? I would have understand if only two icons appeard but 4... i don't know why....
Chimera/Chameleon scans all Drives/Partitions
Do I have to make a new installation of Windows 7?
No, see above the link i provided!

If you have your Win up and running again, you can hide those Partitions you don't want to see in the Bootmenu by editing your boot.plist later

Hello,

My windows drive is in 2 partitions (40Go + 40Go)
W7 created a new one during installation, the "system reserved" one (104Mo).
The system (windows, program files, etc....) is on the second one (40Go), the third is empty.

@ karacho
"If you have your Win up and running again, you can hide those Partitions you don't want to see in the Bootmenu by editing your boot.plist later"

How can I hide the other partition?
I just want to keep the "SL" and "System reserved", Windows is running when I hit this last one.
I found this on my computer (org.chameleon.Boot.plist), Do I have to modify it? how?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks

2 questions :
- Do you think I have to update Chimera?

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2012-01-23 a? 13.09.51.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2012-01-23 a? 13.09.51.png
    402.3 KB · Views: 152
@Veng58;
Thank you for your prompt response. I have followed your suggestions and I now have internet, (although safari hangs on loading when attempting to navigate from home page). I have followed different sugestions to remedy this with no avail.

When I look into 'About This Mac', I get to see all the available hardware. Yet the software continues to show that there it's no (sound) device. When I run windows 7,(from a separate drive), I have no issues.

I will continue on monitoring this forum and other sites until I find a solution. Thank you and all whom part-take on this forum, I'm most grateful.

@Karacho

Hi,
here's my terminal result....

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2012-01-23 a? 18.00.18.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2012-01-23 a? 18.00.18.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back