Contribute
Register

SANDY BRIDGE INSTALLATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Karacho

perfect... you're the boss! only two icons at the boot screen.. nice !

thanks..

Now.. my two system are running correctly...

Thanks to all the people who helped me...!

:D :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

nice stuff Karacho ,still learning :crazy:

try to help if i can ,but my installs went really smoothly ,thanks to you guys on here and it does help as been a mac osx user since panther as well!!

@veng58;

I wanted to thank you. I am now on 10.7.2, with about 90% working. Audio (onboard) it's 100%, internet working (much faster, although I will work on getting it to 100% speed). I decided to extract and add the necessary patches to my DSDT and follow Karacho's advice as you suggested. I now have to update my video drivers and make the necessary changes to get it 100% functional; although all nvidia drivers are within the new os, (at the moment System Information shows a Resolution Display of only 1024 x 768), there remains work. Have to get my audio card (Asus Xonar Essence STX), installed and working. I am grateful for all the interaction within these forums; it is exciting to have access to so much valuable information.
Once I get all up to 100%, I will explain the steps which worked for me (with any links to resources I used), as well as provide my dsdt file for anyone interested. I've noticed that there it's little information/support for this specific motherboard (Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z), within these topics. Hopefully I can repay, if in some small way, all that you all have given...
I had forgotten one new issue which I have yet to research: when ever i click an icon within the Applications folder, or the Documents folder, the computer screen blinks and restarts the following applications; iTunes, Audio Devices and Terminal. It only happens whithin these two folders on the dock bar. Any suggestions? I will check back tomorrow, I must sleep :eek:

LION DVD SANDY BRIDGE INSTALLATION

Hello everybody!! i'm back!

need help...
I'm trying to instal Lion... with unibeast.. ans a usb key..
i tried to make my usb key bootable, but I don't undersatnd one of the first steps.
I have to put in the applications folder the "Installation Mac OS X Lion".. but I have only a .dmg file.... which files do I need to put in the applications folder? the .dmg files? or all the folder of the mounted image (Installation Mac OS X Lion, Library, Packages, etc...)?

thanks.

Re: LION DVD SANDY BRIDGE INSTALLATION

marcoscar said:
Hello everybody!! i'm back!

need help...
I'm trying to instal Lion... with unibeast.. ans a usb key..
i tried to make my usb key bootable, but I don't undersatnd one of the first steps.
I have to put in the applications folder the "Installation Mac OS X Lion".. but I have only a .dmg file.... which files do I need to put in the applications folder? the .dmg files? or all the folder of the mounted image (Installation Mac OS X Lion, Library, Packages, etc...)?

thanks.
You need a purchased "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" in /Applications. From where you get that *.dmg File?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back