Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Guide: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Rev 1.0 BIOS=F2

Did it work for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
damndoe said:
did you use a AHCI and also added the Kexts I was telling about? Maybe try the SATA 3 but OS X officially only does SATA 2... do not remember which ports I used... Think I used those directly next two my graphics card.

I switched to the SATA 2 ports. Pretty sure it helped with my DVD RW causing problems. I have still gotten lock ups. None today, yet. Sticking with 10.6.6 until sleepenabler comes out for 10.6.7.

I have the same Board with Rev. 3.
I don't install with this Guide. Have you a trick...

ATI Radeon 4870 512 MB & Inte Core i5 2300 2.8 GHz

Attachments

• Foto0017.jpg
    Foto0017.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 347
lolroflrolf said:
I have the same Board with Rev. 3.
I don't install with this Guide. Have you a trick...

ATI Radeon 4870 512 MB & Inte Core i5 2300 2.8 GHz

did you even read the op? And that is not the same board

I have been stable today, havent stressed it to much more than some MMOD flash and vms. But no crashes, make sure you use the SATA 2 ports :)

:banghead:

I can't get past the iboot. I don't see the red tonymac icon??

I'm trying to boot iboot from a usb cd rom and have a 8gb SL USB drive plugged in.

Here's what it looks like when I boot with an iboot or iboot legacy cd

photo.jpg

WHen I press return I see the Apple Logo for about 1 second and then my pc reboots

Here's my setup

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
Core i5 2500k
16GB Corsair Ram (although I only have in 1 - 4GB)
Radeon 5770
3 HD's 160GB, 320GB and a 250GB (windows 7 x64 unplugged from serial port)

I've tried booting without the usb hd in and I still get an odd looking iboot screen??

Help!

Thanks..

what boot flags? And what video card? I have a well supported nvidia i just needed PCIRootUID=1

ahh i see the ati card. Not sure about that card is it supported?

you might want to do flag sleepenabler, as damndoe did.

For ATI Cards I as well read that you need to set PCIRootUID=1 (or PciRoot=1) every time you boot. Also try -x (safe mode).

It looks like ATI is having issues with installing SL. I have i5-2500k w/ Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 and ATI HD 5870. After I switch the iboot legacy cd w/ SL, it just goes black screen. I tried the command "-v PCIRootUID=1", and it looks like things are being loaded, but then it just stops and my CPU fan goes to full blast. What can I do from here? I have changed allt he bio settings to what they need to be.

lilaznjocky, type GraphicsEnabler=no at iboot prompt, it worked in my case - didn't need anything else.

After the first reboot where im suppose to hit F8 then enter

mach_kernel arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=8192 -force64 -v

Some text scrolls quickly then systemn reboots, have tried doing a -x but no luck, if i boot from iboot cd i can get in but nothing realy works.

Only differance in my setup is i have an i3-2120, should i change anything for this? oh and i have an 8800gts 640mb

I tried GraphicsEnabler=no

tried GraphicsEnabler=no PCIBootIUD=1 (then tried 2-6)

tried busratio=29

I will try mach_kernel arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=8192 -force64 -v and post my results.

I have an old Radeon 9500 Pro. Think it would help if I tried that card?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I may go out an buy a retail dvd today. Been trying to get the USB flash drive to work. No luck as of yet.

as soon as I hit return I see the pinwheel thing "/" and then the gray screen with apple logo for a second and then my pc reboots..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back