Sandy Bridge Guide: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Rev 1.0 BIOS=F2

Did it work for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr_Keenbean said:
damndoe said:
So did it work for you?

Negative. I could boot into iBoot Legacy, but when I select my OSX disc the screen loses signal and my CPU fan starts running at full blast.

However, I tried again today with the -v GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=1 arguments and I was able to boot into the Snow Leopard installer. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to go further.

My guess it that my video card (Radeon HD 6850) is the culprit here.

I do not know. Did you set video boot priority in the BIOS? If you get to the installer your gfx card should not be an issue until later when you really want to have QE/CI. Search the forums on the 6850 and QE/CI. You might also upgrade to 10.6.6, use Carbon Copy Cloner to create a backup and then see if 10.6.7 offers 6850 support for you: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... adeon.html

Using the arguments listed above I was able to get SL installed and running. It is downloading the 10.6.6 combo update right now.

I get the feeling, though, that my GPU will be the death of it all.

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. I'll report in once I'm done updating/multibeasting after I get off work.

I had to use -v PCIRootUID=1 to get to the installer.
Needed PCIRootUID=1 for initial boot

Cloned With CCC fresh 10.6.3 install

Installed 10.6.7
Finder crash after 10.6.7 install while trying to run multibeast blah :banghead: :beachball:
Reboot w/ iboot plus args Failed
2nd w/ above Reboot Succeed

Run MultiBeast. Select EasyBeast, System Definition->Mac Pro 3.1, System Utilities, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, FakeSMC, Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Sandy Bridge

Install newest bridge helper with SB kernel 10.7.3

# Hit "DEL" for BIOS
# -> Advanced BIOS Features -> First Boot Device: Hard Disk, Second Boot Device: Hard Disk, Third Boot Device: disabled
Also had to set CPU ratio to 29 in bios (or i couldnt get a boot)
# -> Save and Exit BIOS, computer restarts
# When you see the small bar rotating (the bootloader loading) hit F8 multiple times.
# You see the Mac OS X partition in iBoot. Just type this on your keyboard: mach_kernel arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 -force64 -v

# Open Finder, go to /Extra, right click com.apple.Boot.plist -> Open With -> TextEdit
# Find the lines:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1</string>
... or similar replace with
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 -force64</string>
... save the file.

Run MultiBeast.
A.) Select System Utilities.
B.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> ALC8xxHDA
C.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> AppleHDARollback
D.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Non-DSDT HDAEnabler -> ALC 889
^ make sure you select ACL 889 and not any other ALC xxx by accident.
... you might also get SleepEnabler... if its not in YOUR_MAC_HD/Extra/Extensions already
E.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Network -> Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet

Didnt restart properly had to hit reset button.

Reboot, I have network, but no sound.

Edit:
Problems so far:
Sound
Doesnt reboot
Need sleepenabler for 10.6.7

So trying the clone and installing 10.6.6
Added kernel flags to plist

Using multi beast
Run MultiBeast.
A.) Select System Utilities.
B.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> ALC8xxHDA
C.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> AppleHDARollback

D.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Non-DSDT HDAEnabler -> ALC 889***** THIS IS WRONG GOTTA USE 892 HDAEnabler**!!
^ make sure you select ACL 892 HDAEnabler

E.) Select Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Network -> Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet

Still no sound in 10.6.6

If you got my board 10.6.6 sound with Legacy Kernel should work almost flawlessly. Try this:

Go to Audio MIDI Setup and see what it offers, if you rightclick you can set defaults there as well. Also play around with the Hz and Bitrates try 44khz/16bit but also the others. Try digital output (TOSLink) if you can, worked for me. Try using different plugs because the Mobo actually has many. Also make sure you connected the sound right on the mobo (HDAudio Plug not the AC97) if you use Frontpanel/Computercase plugs.

damndoe said:
If you got my board 10.6.6 sound with Legacy Kernel should work almost flawlessly. Try this:

Go to Audio MIDI Setup and see what it offers, if you rightclick you can set defaults there as well. Also play around with the Hz and Bitrates try 44khz/16bit but also the others. Try digital output (TOSLink) if you can, worked for me. Try using different plugs because the Mobo actually has many. Also make sure you connected the sound right on the mobo (HDAudio Plug not the AC97) if you use Frontpanel/Computercase plugs.

the old bridge helper is gone can you upload it? Or you know where I can find it? I would run 10.6.6 for now until everything gets worked out with 10.6.7.

Midi setup says No Devices Found.

So for sound you need to use 889, but use 892 enabler! Then you will have sound at least in 10.6.6 with legacy kernel. I will try 10.6.7 with SB kernel later.

keypox said:
So for sound you need to use 889, but use 892 enabler! Then you will have sound at least in 10.6.6 with legacy kernel. I will try 10.6.7 with SB kernel later.

I probably did this but wrote it down the wrong way. Sorry. Fixed as well.

p.s.: +1 working ;-)

sound also works on 10.6.7.

Anyone know which SATA ports should be used?

I just realized im using the SATA 3, maybe that is casuing my crashes. Finder Spining rainbows of death.

did you use a AHCI and also added the Kexts I was telling about? Maybe try the SATA 3 but OS X officially only does SATA 2... do not remember which ports I used... Think I used those directly next two my graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back