Motherboard
Check my signature
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I already got Yosemite working on my R560 Core2Duo Laptop.

I already tried to create an install stick following RehabMan's guide. Unfortunately it didn't work:
"Unregistered exception handler " shows up on a black screen after having selected the OSX install partition with clover on the usb.

So first things first: Did anyone with a comparable setup come across this problem. I suspect the VGA port to be the problem cause I think I read about El Capitan not supporting VGA?!

Any suggestions?

Hello, I already got Yosemite working on my R560 Core2Duo Laptop.

I already tried to create an install stick following RehabMan's guide. Unfortunately it didn't work:
"Unregistered exception handler " shows up on a black screen after having selected the OSX install partition with clover on the usb.

So first things first: Did anyone with a comparable setup come across this problem. I suspect the VGA port to be the problem cause I think I read about El Capitan not supporting VGA?!

Any suggestions?

Did you use an SMBIOS appropriate for Nvidia?

My guide uses nv_disable=1 so any graphics issues will not show up until you try to remove that flag...

It may be a challenge getting old hardware like that to work with new 10.11...

Yes it was one of the first things I did since your templates didn't match my processor.

Yes it was one of the first things I did since your templates didn't match my processor.

It is more than CPU... For Nvidia you need to use a board-id allowed by AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy...

Ok I wasn't aware of that. So do I search for a preconfigured SMBIOS then or is there a tutorial for an ordinary person? Or even a template given by Clover?

Ok I wasn't aware of that. So do I search for a preconfigured SMBIOS then or is there a tutorial for an ordinary person? Or even a template given by Clover?

Maybe look at everymac.com to understand which Macs have Nvidia...

And then look at AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy Info.plist.

Google might be helpful too. I don't track it as I don't have Nvidia hardware (and no plans to purchase any).

Hello again. When I use Clover in legacy mode:

1. Is there a seperate Installer for Clover legacy? Think I found a download once that said explicitly: Clover legacy.

2. When using Clover legacy, is it a common issue that on startup you won't get those fancy themes like the "bluemac theme" and instead gettinga simple DOS like look?

Hello again. When I use Clover in legacy mode:

1. Is there a seperate Installer for Clover legacy? Think I found a download once that said explicitly: Clover legacy.

2. When using Clover legacy, is it a common issue that on startup you won't get those fancy themes like the "bluemac theme" and instead gettinga simple DOS like look?

The same Clover installer is used for both UEFI and legacy. Just different settings. Read the guide.

Hello, im onto generating an SMBios.plist with Chameleon Wizard on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 before downloading El Capitan from the App Store and installing it.

Can I use the generated Serial and SMBios from Cameleon Wizard without further tampering? I checked the generated Serial on checkcoverage.apple.com and it doesn't get recognized.

I'm only wondering, because when you would generate the SMBios with Clover you would have to generate an SMuuid first and use another script to properly generate an SMBios... (at least that's what I read in a guide)

So am I good to go?

Hello, im onto generating an SMBios.plist with Chameleon Wizard on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 before downloading El Capitan from the App Store and installing it.

Can I use the generated Serial and SMBios from Cameleon Wizard without further tampering? I checked the generated Serial on checkcoverage.apple.com and it doesn't get recognized.

I'm only wondering, because when you would generate the SMBios with Clover you would have to generate an SMuuid first and use another script to properly generate an SMBios... (at least that's what I read in a guide)

So am I good to go?

A unique serial# is not needed to access the MAS... but you do need built-in Ethernet at en0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back