Contribute
Register

Safe mode open core message says missing compatible GOP. In-8 ser. 4th gen IGPU HD4600

Motherboard
ProDesk 400 G1 SFF
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
HD 4600 / HD 7750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Not sure what the GOP is... Pretty sure has to do with video bios. Safe mode just returns to OC loader after the message. Never got safe mode to work on OC. May help to read the manual

The installer has been crashing after starting the "install mac os" partition it created. Well, safe mode wont be booting that partition. The recovery partition boots. Eventually. The disks check out in first aid but that does nothing for the problem. People got around it by putting the drive on another machine and getting it installed there. Thats what I will do and it might work this way.

Got the machine with no HD for less than the 500gb ssd cost. Figured should pick it up. ProDesk 400 g1 sff... WTF not? 60 dollars plus whatever else you want to put in is not bad. You could get a usb wifi for it for pretty cheap and have a pretty complete rig. Whatever.

Last edited:
Not sure what the GOP is... safe mode just returns to OC loader after the message.

The installer has been crashing after starting the "install mac os" partition it created
GOP stands for Graphics Output Protocol. It's one of the main parts of the Opencore bootloader sequence as it starts.

I would suggest you should take a look at the Opencore troubleshooting page under Booter & UEFI.
> https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

You've probably not enabled either EnableSafeModeSlide, ProvideConsoleGop and/or IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio which are required settings for your system.

Make sure that at the minimum you have SSDT-EC & SSDT-PLUG in the ACPI folder and the following kexts and drivers installed (use the latest versions including for OC):

Kexts:
Lilu
Whatevergreen
VirtualSMC
AppleALC

Drivers:
OpenCanopy.efi (for visual OC menu - requires Resources folder under EFI/OC)
HFSPlus or OpenHFSPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

GOP stands for Graphics Output Protocol. It's one of the main parts of the Opencore bootloader sequence as it starts.

I would suggest you should take a look at the Opencore troubleshooting page under Booter & UEFI.
> https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

You've probably not enabled either EnableSafeModeSlide, ProvideConsoleGop and/or IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio which are required settings for your system.

Make sure that at the minimum you have SSDT-EC & SSDT-PLUG in the ACPI folder and the following kexts and drivers installed (use the latest versions including for OC):

Kexts:
Lilu
Whatevergreen
VirtualSMC
AppleALC

Drivers:
OpenCanopy.efi (for visual OC menu - requires Resources folder under EFI/OC)
HFSPlus or OpenHFSPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
I have those things, still trying to sort it out. Im thinking I may be having problems because of just the one DVI port on this thing. trying some other smbios for now. There are other AAPL,ig-platform-id, but just using the one everyone uses, though I thought I read its 4 DP so could be the problem.

Just got an OS installed on the disk from another machine because it was not doing it. The farthest its come is the apple logo before the desktop just an empty progress bar and its like its frozen. hitting keys makes the screen light up. Its weird.

Last edited:
You are right to say, "Study the manual". Having securebootmodel on default and running smbios that are not on the list, you will suffer!

disabling securebootmodel helped with some things but still had problems. Not sure what fixed it but changed a couple things that I think were the keys which were adding virtualsmc and checking releaseUSB. The reason not using virtualsmc is I thought it was built in somewhere because before nothing at all would happen without fakesmc and there was a lot happening besides it going super slow

Last edited:
Back