Contribute
Register

SABERTOOTH X58 5870/6870 Lion 10.7.4 KP failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just to be sure. Do this after I run the combo updater before I restart? Thank you again for your help!! This is what this is all about! Users helping users not fighting!! Thank you!!!!

hedbert said:
And just to be sure. Do this after I run the combo updater before I restart? Thank you again for your help!! This is what this is all about! Users helping users not fighting!! Thank you!!!!

Yes, install combo update then run Multibeast with your preferred settings (I use "user DSDT" for my P6T-Deluxe), run Kext Utility for kext replacement, reboot and your system should be ok.

Thank you!! This worked perfect!

Derpaderp said:
hedbert said:

Yes, install combo update then run Multibeast with your preferred settings (I use "user DSDT" for my P6T-Deluxe), run Kext Utility for kext replacement, reboot and your system should be ok.

Do you happen to know if your CPU is throttling down and doing any sort of power management? My i7 920 seems to be stuck at 2.6ghz no matter what I do, just probing to see if other i7 920 P6T Deluxe users are having the same issue.

Martytoof said:
Derpaderp said:
hedbert said:

Do you happen to know if your CPU is throttling down and doing any sort of power management? My i7 920 seems to be stuck at 2.6ghz no matter what I do, just probing to see if other i7 920 P6T Deluxe users are having the same issue.

I overclocked my CPU to 3.8Ghz and turned off all power management settings in BIOS. Everything seems to work well.

Just curious,...is there any solutions to the x58 sabertooth issues with the KP when upgrading to 10.7.4, besides the work around to replace the kext file?

Just wondering when the experts will get to this issue...

Thanks again for everyone's efforts....

Hi I am just curious...
Has anyone tried to use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.7.3 instead ?
Because I have a perfect working ring under 10.7.3
I am just wondering :think:

Sorry for my bad englisch

Walkingframe said:
Hi I am just curious...
Has anyone tried to use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.7.3 instead ?
Because I have a perfect working ring under 10.7.3
I am just wondering :think:

Sorry for my bad englisch

You can always make a disk image and then try kext from 10.7.3 on your own system.

- Apply 10.7.4 Combo Update
- Run Multibeast 4.5.2 with Easy install, User DSDT, Chimera boot.
- Replace AppleACPIplatform.kext with 10.6.8 version.
- Repair permission with multibeast.
- Reboot
- After reboot no sound : install ALC1200_1063 (AppleHDA.kext)
- Reboot.

WORK FINE :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Asus P6T, I7 920, ATI 6870, 8 GO, SSD 60go.

Attachments

• ALC1200_1063.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • DSDT.aml
    49.1 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back