Contribute
Register

SABERTOOTH X58 5870/6870 Lion 10.7.4 KP failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU everyone,

I started this thread as a newbie back on May 10th, with 89 replies and over 3500 views almost two months later..... I am impressed that everyone helped each other find a fix for us ASUS x58 users.

Last night I upgraded my system to 10.7.4 using the new Multi beast 4.6.0 before reboot and I had no problems....

Again, I want to thank those people that found the fix (patch) and made it easy for us novice users to upgrade... :headbang: :D

Hello from 10.6.8, formerly 10.7.3.

On june 4 I updated my "rock solid" 10.7.3 to 10.7.4, well you know the rest.

I was able to restore to Snow Leopard but not 10.7.3 using iboot and restore. Interestenly, I could not get my Snow Leopard install disk to boot with my "new" AMD Radeon HD 6850. Fortunately, I still had my origional graphics card, PNY GTX 260. When I reinstalled the old card, booted just fine using "PCIROOTUID=0".

Now my question is, how do I get from 10.6.8 to 10.7.4??

Suggestions appreciated!

Successfully installed 10.7.4 but can't get audio working. Any suggestions on correct settings for sabertooth x58 1304? Worked fine with 10.7.3 must be something in my selections with the multibeast install.

On my system (ASUS Sabertooth x58 , vs 1304.) I used Multibeast 4.6.1, ... Under Drivers and Boot loaders select the ALC 892. However you might want to make sure you have deleted any audio Kext files that you might have installed by mistake. Search audio not working and you should find the right threads that can walk you through this. But I do know the ALC892 is the correct selection to use with the Sabertooth Board....

Good luck

pueblonet said:
On my system (ASUS Sabertooth x58 , vs 1304.) I used Multibeast 4.6.1, ... Under Drivers and Boot loaders select the ALC 892. However you might want to make sure you have deleted any audio Kext files that you might have installed by mistake. Search audio not working and you should find the right threads that can walk you through this. But I do know the ALC892 is the correct selection to use with the Sabertooth Board....

Good luck

Pueblonet & All,

Yes, I have it in the system info audio as ACL 892. Sound was working fine in 10.7.3 when I downloaded 10.7.4 I installed, per eelhead:"Run your update and install 10.7.4, run Multibeast and choose System Utilities and AppleACPIPlatform and restart, should be good to go after." Nothing else installed, still shows ACL 892 with no sound.

Suggestions for audio kext install??

Interesting;in order to work, had to install from separate disk (snow leopard on second hard drive). Working great!

eelhead said:
dddirtman said:
thank u sir.... :thumbup:

i feel caution is smart on stable installs.. :D

Yes I do as well.

Make sure you download the update from Apple because if you let the machine get the combo update for you it will install after it tells you to restart leaving you no option to run Multibeast.

So if you do what I did and have the system run an automatic update without knowing and shut it down not realizing that the restart was installing the updates then you are only left with plugging your drive into another hack or Mac and running Multibeast remote like with another system onto your borked Drive lol.

That is how I spent my evening lol. Fixing my stupidity.
But all in all I got it working again, thanks to the H67N modded Cube :)
While I ran Multibeast I also added the HWMonitor now in MB to watch my 1366 slowly roast away lol

thanks for the heads up i always do the combo update...by habit..
i feel u borking a drive I've done that enough times too lol... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back