Contribute
Register

SABERTOOTH X58 5870/6870 Lion 10.7.4 KP failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that some of you guys found a temporary fix for updating to 10.7.4 on our mobo's but I'm going to stick to eelhead's advice and I'm going to wait until there is an official release of fixing this problem as I'm sick of experimenting on my system (which I've done 5 times now), in my opionion it's only 1 update we're missing out on a short amount of time, it's not like 10.7.3 will become outdated straight away, sometimes you just need to be really patient with things like these :beachball:

titan126 said:
No KP with patch 10.7.4, after installing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.3.5, everything was left running perfect, I ASUS P6TD Deluxe, i7 920, Nvidia 430GT, thanks to all for sharing your experiences. :thumbup:

PD. Sorry for my English.

Hi titan126,

I also have the P6T Deluxe, i7 920. Can you perhaps post the DSDT.aml file you're using?

I replaced AppleACPIPLatform.kext with the one that is recommended and I now get a different kernel panic immediately after Chimera begins the boot cycle:

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"

I'm hoping that maybe a different DSDT might help things.

Luckily for me, every time an update comes out I just make a SuperDuper clone of my boot disk and try the update on that clone first, so I still have a perfectly working 10.7.3 drive, while my 10.7.4 disk obviously won't boot properly.

This usually means that you don't have an smbios.plist file specifying a replacement platform such as "MacPro4,1". It could also mean that FakeSMC.kext is not loaded.

Martytoof said:
titan126 said:
No KP with patch 10.7.4, after installing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.3.5, everything was left running perfect, I ASUS P6TD Deluxe, i7 920, Nvidia 430GT, thanks to all for sharing your experiences. :thumbup:

PD. Sorry for my English.

Hi titan126,

I also have the P6T Deluxe, i7 920. Can you perhaps post the DSDT.aml file you're using?

I replaced AppleACPIPLatform.kext with the one that is recommended and I now get a different kernel panic immediately after Chimera begins the boot cycle:

I'm hoping that maybe a different DSDT might help things.

Luckily for me, every time an update comes out I just make a SuperDuper clone of my boot disk and try the update on that clone first, so I still have a perfectly working 10.7.3 drive, while my 10.7.4 disk obviously won't boot properly.

I did a clean install, apply the combo update 10.7.4, in multibeast apply userDSDT Install 4.4.0, AppleACPIPLatform.kext install, restart and it started without problems, I leave the.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    45.2 KB · Views: 165
titan126, thank you for supplying your DSDT :)

clrokr said:

This usually means that you don't have an smbios.plist file specifying a replacement platform such as "MacPro4,1". It could also mean that FakeSMC.kext is not loaded.

Actually, I figured out what the problem was. It was really really REALLY stupid on my part:

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=61309

Everything's working after I fixed my dumb \"ACPI\" KP. For me I, personally, I would have waited but the new Safari 5.2 beta update4 *requires* 10.7.4 and I was having some functional issues with update3 so it was a no brainer.

So what is the specific steps needed to fix this? Sorry for my ignorant question but I dont yet understand the fix here.

I have a SABERTOOTH X58 and a GeForce 9500

hedbert said:
So what is the specific steps needed to fix this? Sorry for my ignorant question but I dont yet understand the fix here.

replace AppleACPIPLatform.kext with the old one attached in the previous messages.

Derpaderp said:
hedbert said:

replace AppleACPIPLatform.kext with the old one attached in the previous messages.

My apologies but I don't know how to exactly do this.

hedbert said:
Derpaderp said:
hedbert said:

Kext is in

Lion/System/Library/Extensions

Should be near the top

hedbert said:
Derpaderp said:
hedbert said:

You can use a Kext Utility ( http://cl.ly/3t3p2v3I3f190f400A2S ) – simply drop .kext on the program icon and then enter your administration password and thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back