Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
Hi guys.

I am on Mojave 10.14.1 and I notice that LuxMark shows my RX580 stuck at 300Mhz. Am I missing something? Why can't I reach the correct frequency?

Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 21.16.37.png

Attached is my config. I am using whatevergree and lilu in /Library/Extensions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 338
Same here but I guess the card runs as it should, just cosmetic issue, right?
RX580 300Mhz.png

I'm using SMBIOS MacPro 6,1 so without Lilu and Whatevergreen

Update:
Just found this in a quick search #89
You might want to try a thorough search mate!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have this problem too (with Rx 580 nitro+). For the past few days I’ve been struggling to rezolve this, but none of my solutions worked. Do you have any ideea how to rezolve this ?

Thank you!

Pretty sure this is a glitch with the latest Luxmark, try Luxmark 2 and see if the cloak rates change.

Pretty sure this is a glitch with the latest Luxmark, try Luxmark 2 and see if the cloak rates change.

It's not a glitch in LuxMark because GeekBench shows the same frequency. Somehow OS X doesn't allow from within driver the card to boost max frequency. When I use final cut pro 10.4.3 to export videos, the card isn't beeing utilized at full power, It remains stuck at 300mhz.

Below I've attached a screenshot with Geekbench result.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 22.14.28.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 22.14.28.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 439
It's not a glitch in LuxMark because GeekBench shows the same frequency. Somehow OS X doesn't allow from within driver the card to boost max frequency. When I use final cut pro 10.4.3 to export videos, the card isn't beeing utilized at full power, It remains stuck at 300mhz.
Below I've attached a screenshot with Geekbench result.
Well this isn't a hack issue because I just tested this on my real Mac Pro 5,1 with RX 580 and getting the same output, but scores are same as if it was using the right clock speeds. Tested on both High Sierra 10.13.6 and 10.14.2 beta 3 and only showing 300Mhz speeds in Mojave. I think it's a cosmetic issue honestly.

Well this isn't a hack issue because I just tested this on my real Mac Pro 5,1 with RX 580 and getting the same output, but scores are same as if it was using the right clock speeds. Tested on both High Sierra 10.13.6 and 10.14.2 beta 3 and only showing 300Mhz speeds in Mojave. I think it's a cosmetic issue honestly.

Is your card used at max power in final cut pro when export video ? I mean if coolers start spining and remain permanently and your graphic card temp rises ?

Is your card used at max power in final cut pro when export video ? I mean if coolers start spining and remain permanently and your graphic card temp rises ?
I don't use final cut pro

i agree .. i think its not cosmetic issue ..
playing dota2 with my asus rx580 , usually got 50 to 60 fps , now in mojave only 10 fps ..

hi, did anyone found a solution regarding this problem...?
my Radeon MSI RX580 Armor 8go, is also stuck at 300 mhz, and Luxmark render is poor (3466).
the machine with 10.14.4 is performing very well otherwise.

thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back