Contribute
Register

RX 460 with Native Sierra Support I Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With whatevergreen and lilu in clover other and inject kexts = yes you can disable internal graphics. The cable plugged into the RX should show the clover menu, the progress bar and then password or log in screen. There will be a break about midway on the progress bar and possibly a white flash then the progress bar reappears and then the login screen.

For some apps like FCPx having the internal graphics partially enabled may improve stability, or not. It seems to be CPU generation dependent. Skylake, Kabylake May do better with it and Haswell, or Ivy bridge may do better without.

thanks I'll try that

With whatevergreen and lilu in clover other and inject kexts = yes you can disable internal graphics. The cable plugged into the RX should show the clover menu, the progress bar and then password or log in screen. There will be a break about midway on the progress bar and possibly a white flash then the progress bar reappears and then the login screen.

For some apps like FCPx having the internal graphics partially enabled may improve stability, or not. It seems to be CPU generation dependent. Skylake, Kabylake May do better with it and Haswell, or Ivy bridge may do better without.
Is there any way to fix "a break about midway on the progress bar and possibly a white flash then the progress bar reappears and then the login screen"? This is really annoying ?

Is there any way to fix "a break about midway on the progress bar and possibly a white flash then the progress bar reappears and then the login screen"? This is really annoying ?

Ehere may be a way by using the apple theme in clover theme manager app. it may give you a white screen with black progress bar so the white flash won't be so disruptive.

I have the xfx rx480 8gb and it does not work, I installed lilu and whatervergreen kexts and it does not work, how can I mod the Vbios[/Q

***** here you will find the driver for your XFX RX 480 8gb, download the Gigabyte driver >>>>>https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...rface=PCI-E&memType=GDDR5&memSize=8192&since=

****** follow this guide to mod the bios ( this is a guide to overclock , but you can mod as well ).
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/amd-ati-flashing-guide.212849/

###ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR BIOS FIRST. in case something goes wrong you can go back to your Card Bios. Good Luck..M

### My XFX RX 460 4gb moded to Gigabyte Bios is working like a charm....and I Updated the High Sierra to 10.13.2, had to Update de Lilus kext and something else. that I forgot, that was causing the browser to freeze while playing videos....but. Now. Everything Works Great...B

Last edited:
I have a RX 460 4gb Gigabyte no six pin in my 2008 mac pro with sierra using dosdudes patch tool. But occasionally I get random pink screens and it freezes a lot. Usually when i am using fcpx. I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this problem. Thanks.

Hello,

I have been looking around at multiple forums for an answer to this. I really hope you guys can help. I have an XFX rx 460. I saw originally that these didn't seem to have support. I have tried to use the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to make this work. I went into the AMD9500 kexts and AMD4100 kexts to make sure that the ID is correct (Which is is).

When I look at the Graphics Config in clover when booting up, My video card shows up as a Radeon Pro 555 (I wish, but not the case). If I try to boot my Mac partition in verbose mode, I get all the way to the gIOScreenLockState 3 part of the boot process, and my computer reboots.

I know I can boot into this partition using my old HD 5770.

I have tried taking the 5770 out and retrying. With the same results.

Please let me know if you have any further ideas on the matter.

Thank you

I am not sure if it works but I can tell for sure the gigabyte works. I have 4 gb no lower connectors and no kexts modified. However when there is heavy use like editing in fcpx or playing a game it crashes to a link screen. I could compare with you on some benchmarks to see how it performs. Mine also how’s up as a r9 xxx. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back