Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello!
I have a HP G42-240br with Mountain Lion 10..8.5 installed, but the network card does not work with any kext tested RTL81xx, RTL1000s, RGN2.0.6For10.7 nothing. Wanted a help to solve this problem. If you need some let me know which print you will arrange.
the Kext Utility to show me the kext running (RTL1000SL) but I can not configure Ethernet. If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.

Sorry my bad english.

Ty

Hello!
I have a HP G42-240br with Mountain Lion 10..8.5 installed, but the network card does not work with any kext tested RTL81xx, RTL1000s, RGN2.0.6For10.7 nothing. Wanted a help to solve this problem. If you need some let me know which print you will arrange.
the Kext Utility to show me the kext running (RTL1000SL) but I can not configure Ethernet. If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.

Sorry my bad english.

Ty

Not sure if it is compatible, but you might try Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

Also, when you try different Realtek drivers, don't forget to remove the others you tried prior. Having multiple kexts for the same device present can cause conflicts. And always remember to rebuild kernel cache after making such changes.

Not sure if it is compatible, but you might try Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...altek-rtl8111/

Also, when you try different Realtek drivers, don't forget to remove the others you tried prior. Having multiple kexts for the same device present can cause conflicts. And always remember to rebuild kernel cache after making such changes.

I tried the kext you indicated, but nothing happened.
Put attached prints of what happens. It identifies the card, but I can not set up, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

No Ethernet.pngPCI Installed.png

my system is in Portuguese but I think you can understand.
Thanks

What is in the drop down in Network Prefs?

drop_down.png

this is what you talking about?

You might look in system.log for error messages, otherwise your chip just might not be compatible.

When you start in verbose mode, this message appears, is it related?

print.jpg

When you start in verbose mode, this message appears, is it related?

View attachment 68216

Yes, your network kexts are damaged. Did you install a replacement IONetworkingFamily.kext at some point? If so, restore it to vanilla (eg. the kexts that came originally), or do a fresh install.

I installed these kexts, Vanilla was not compatible with my PCI, so I'm behind a solution to this problem, everything works less Ethernet.

Below is a link to print the Vanilla kexts, going in System Preferences> Network, the screen freezes and gets the message "network loading" endlessly, and the report identifies the system does no chip.

Captura de Tela 2013-09-24 às 15.35.14.pngCaptura de Tela 2013-09-24 às 15.35.43.png

:(

I installed these kexts, Vanilla was not compatible with my PCI, so I'm behind a solution to this problem, everything works less Ethernet.

What kexts did you install? And what had been done to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back