Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really have in-depth knowledge, I can share screen shots and files if that helps.

i can see that we both have similar build too , could you share info and assist me please ?

i can see that we both have similar build too , could you share info and assist me please ?

Hi @FwzDev, I am not an expert, will definitely help with whatever I have.

BIOS
Version F4c
Three changes which I made.
1) Upgraded to F4c, latest beta version currently available.
2) Load Optimized Defaults
3) Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) - "ENABLED"
(No other changes made)
SAVE & EXIT

Attachments

• BIOS1.jpg
    BIOS1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 177
  • BIOSimage2.jpg
    BIOSimage2.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 201
  • BIOSimage3.jpg
    BIOSimage3.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 170
USB connections and Screen shots.
other than whatever explained in the image I have added one Flash Drive to the front panel USB 2.0

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-01-31 at 18.03.05.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-01-31 at 18.03.05.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.26.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.26.41 PM.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.14 PM.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 215
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.24 PM.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.42 PM.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 5.27.54 PM.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 6.13.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 6.13.19 PM.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
BIOS
Version F4c
Three changes which I made.
1) Upgraded to F4c, latest beta version currently available.
2) Load Optimized Defaults
3) Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) - "ENABLED"
(No other changes made)
SAVE & EXIT

I do NOT have your BIOS firmware installed or have Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) - "ENABLED"
I will try it tonight and report in...

other than whatever explained in the image I have added one Flash Drive to the front panel USB 2.0

I have all of the USB ports showing up in System Profiler as well, BUT only HS01, HS13, and HS14 are working

Wonderful thank you so much.
any other boot flags than nv_disable=1 for the GTX 970 And -v to check errors etc ?

Hackintosh Installed ! , Great support

At 10.12.2 ..
everything working except following :-

Sound from HDMI not working ( I might buy USB Sound just like Rocket88 )
Bluetooth showing up But it not working ( Will buy supported bluetooth card online )
Wifi not working ( Will buy supported PCI Wifi card online )

then i Updated to 10.12.3 no issues there
i just reboot with nv_disable=1 then installed new web drivers and ran the fix then reboot , Done

any suggestions ? before i waste some cash lol ?

NOTE : i still have to set my system info which i still haven't .. would love to see any guide for that too
Regarding : @Rocket88 "Bluetooth won't work if the ANTENNA is not installed. It took me a while to figure this out"
i can confirm that bluetooth is in fact showing up but it doesn't connect to Apple Wireless Mouse / Keyboard .
And tested while using Razer Mouse - Naga Epic Chroma which it can be wired or wireless with razer charager mount it Does work as intended as bluetooth .

once again , thank you so much who ever supported me and special thanks to Rocket88 <3
will post screenshots and benchmarks soon

Last edited:
Hackintosh Installed ! , Great support

At 10.12.2 ..
everything working except following :-

Sound from HDMI not working ( I might buy USB Sound just like Rocket88 )
Bluetooth showing up But it not working ( Will buy supported bluetooth card online )
Wifi not working ( Will buy supported PCI Wifi card online )

then i Updated to 10.12.3 no issues there
i just reboot with nv_disable=1 then installed new web drivers and ran the fix then reboot , Done

any suggestions ? before i waste some cash lol ?

NOTE : i still have to set my system info which i still haven't .. would love to see any guide for that too
Regarding : @Rocket88 "Bluetooth won't work if the ANTENNA is not installed. It took me a while to figure this out"
i can confirm that bluetooth is in fact showing up but it doesn't connect to Apple Wireless Mouse / Keyboard .
And tested while using Razer Mouse - Naga Epic Chroma which it can be wired or wireless with razer charager mount it Does work as intended as bluetooth .

once again , thank you so much who ever supported me and special thanks to Rocket88 <3
will post screenshots and benchmarks soon
Can you share your EFI folder? I would like to look and see if you have something setup differently than mine that could be causing my USB not to function. I appear to be the only X99 Designare EX / i6950x builder on this post that doesn't have USB or the 2nd ethernet port working.
thanks

Can you share your EFI folder? I would like to look and see if you have something setup differently than mine that could be causing my USB not to function. I appear to be the only X99 Designare EX / i6950x builder on this post that doesn't have USB or the 2nd ethernet port working.
thanks

Hey michaiel

i did Rocket88 EFI folder , nothing changed and currently working on system info but i need to teach my self hehe and read before touching something that i don't know about ..

in short , if you follow rocket88 and bnd555 final touches , you will end up with installed hackintosh with graphic card driver and the list that i mentioned . just dont change anything with the files for now unless you know what you are doing which i dont tbh :S

Hey michaiel

i did Rocket88 EFI folder , nothing changed and currently working on system info but i need to teach my self hehe and read before touching something that i don't know about ..

in short , if you follow rocket88 and bnd555 final touches , you will end up with installed hackintosh with graphic card driver and the list that i mentioned . just dont change anything with the files for now unless you know what you are doing which i dont tbh :S
Thanks for the heads up...I am going to do a new install again tomorrow and see what I come up with rocket88's files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back