Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Rocket88, I have made a fresh Mojave install using your EFI, thank you so much for sharing the folder. I am facing a small problem. If I use more than 4 sticks of memory I am getting ‘End randomseed’ error and system reboots. I am using 8gb x 8sticks. Btw I have changed graphics to Rx 580. I am using your EFI as is.

Hi all,

If you have the built-in NVMe bluetooth issue that shows the receiver address with all 0's (Hold option key and click the on the bluetooth icon, then you will get the address), you can boot to Windows10 then reboot(Do not turn off) to hackintosh. The address of bluetooth will become a proper value and be able to connect all bluetooth devices. The address may be reset after power off, so you will need to do it again, but the stored device settings will not be lost.

I don't know how to fix it properly so this is a workaround to me and I tested it for more the 5 times and it worked every time.

And to @bnd555 I am using 16*8 without any problem. I am not sure if you remove the ram settings from @Rocket88's clover config.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I recently decided to upgrade from Sierra 10.12.6 to Mojave 10.14.6. Everything is going well except for the fact that my M.2 NVME Samsung 970 evo shows as an "external" drive with the orange icon.

On Sierra I had followed Rehabman's guide for the ssdt nvme patch and spoof kext which worked perfectly and the drive showed as "internal".

I have tried KGP's ssdt icon patch and it changes nothing.

However if I place my old spoof kext EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched the drive will correctly show up as it once did in Sierra.

I know I must be doing something incorrectly. I have attached my original working spoof kext and ssdt as well as the new ssdt icon patch that I am trying to figure out.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• NVME FILES.zip
    95.1 KB · Views: 131
Hi Rocket,

Please find enclosed my EFI, BIOS setup file (for F5, you can load it from an USB memory in FAT) please notice I am not using Bluetooth. Searching for a Thunderbolt hot swap solution...

I think my USB kext is better, all the ports working including internal first USB2 connector and second USB3 connector (better for my case) You don´t need any USB port limit patch.

My video card is a RX580.

Best

JLC

Hi jlcdgd & Rocket88,
I am trying to upgrading from macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina with your EFI but I failed.
Do you update your macOS? If yes please give me you NEW EFI.
Can you please help me out on this.
Thanks a lot.

I went to the Apple Store, did a search on macOS Mojave, clicked on the picture, and clicked Get. This gave me the whole build. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

Another approach is to go to KGP's guide. About 10 million lines down, he tells a back way to pull the code off of the Apple server. See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255117/

Attached is my 11/4/2018 EFI file with my serial numbers removed. Good luck.
Hi @Rocket88,
Did you update your system to macOS Catalina?
If yes, Can you please give me your EFI.
Please help me I am badly needed this.
Thanks a lot.

hi Rocket88 , how r u? i need your help!!! currently i am using mac os high sierra 10.13.6 , now i decided to update my graphic card gigabyte 750ti to SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5 with fresh install with catalina, what i need to do? please help me. sorry for bad english. Thanks in advance.

Hey JLC,
Thank you. Your files solved some of my problems. USB & TRIM work great

hi Rocket88 , how r u? i need your help!!! currently i am using mac os high sierra 10.13.6 , now i decided to update my graphic card gigabyte 750ti to SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5 with fresh install with catalina, what i need to do? please help me. sorry for bad english. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back