Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stuck on the same point as everyone else above but managed to get past it by removing the DSDT from ACPI/patched, so the problem lies somewhere in the DSDT.

Once I removed the DSDT I was able to boot into the OSX install.

Ok, so although Rocket needed that DSDT to boot it does the opposite for my setup and prevents boot. Anyone who is having the errors like:

"AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: failed getting NVRAM
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer header"

Should try just removing the dsdt.

After that I successfully installed. I have also got audio working out of one of the ports on the rear of the Mobo. Did this by following the tonymac Realtek ALC Audio guide. - a lot of extra files and commands were run and I'm not sure what had an effect, but if your stuck then ask and I'll see if I can help.

Going to try and get USB3 working now.

I was stuck on the same point as everyone else above but managed to get past it by removing the DSDT from ACPI/patched, so the problem lies somewhere in the DSDT.

Once I removed the DSDT I was able to boot into the OSX install.

Id recommend comparing a clean native DSDT with the Patched DSDT.

Id recommend comparing a clean native DSDT with the Patched DSDT.
This would certainly give you clues as to what might be causing the boot to hang, but booting with a 'clean' DSDT gives me the exact same list of working things as Rocket, so it doesn't seem like there is anything that will benefit me by knowing what modifications the linked DSDT in the OP has.

This would certainly give you clues as to what might be causing the boot to hang, but booting with a 'clean' DSDT gives me the exact same list of working things as Rocket, so it doesn't seem like there is anything that will benefit me by knowing what modifications the linked DSDT in the OP has.

You need to do side by side comparison thats the only way to find out.

You need to do side by side comparison thats the only way to find out.
There is nothing to find out!

Installing without the DSDT supplied in the OP gives me a working install, I have nothing to gain from looking through it.

My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX. Perhaps that is why we get different results????

There is nothing to find out!

Installing without the DSDT supplied in the OP gives me a working install, I have nothing to gain from looking through it.

Incorrect. You're DSDT has errors hence why failed boot. Errors need to be fixed.

Incorrect. You're DSDT has errors hence why failed boot. Errors need to be fixed.

Boot failed when using the DSDT in the original post of this topic which the guide asks you to put in ACPI/patched

Boot does not fail when I remove the DSDT from clover/ACPI/patched

When using vanilla DSDT OSX installs and boots correctly.

Boot failed when using the DSDT in the original post of this topic which the guide asks you to put in ACPI/patched

Boot does not fail when I remove the DSDT from clover/ACPI/patched

When using vanilla DSDT OSX installs and boots correctly.

Are you dropping OEM_DSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back