Contribute
Register

Research on graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
EugeneY said:
RurouniX said:
I had this graphic problem...
After i put 2x2 GB of ram and repair the disk permissions via Disk Utilities, the graphic and freezing had stopped...

So try only repairing the permissions don't bother changing the ram, if that works no need for the ram thing...
Did you try to use your laptop with 2x4GB of RAM?
Nope... :confused:
My LP came up with 3 GB of ram, 1x2 and 1x1, so I changed the ram 2 days to 2x2 and did the permission repair and everything works well, except the kernel_taks, that process is killing me, but I guess that is cause I've changed the partition size...
Also I think and this graphic problem is cause of that...

I think glitches are because of appleintelcpupm.

I have installed two OS X versions, and when I had nullcpupm in the installer, I had glitches all over.

I removed the AGPM and for the last 5 hours, all works well, without glitches.
I tried to Limbo game, watching 1080p videos, youtube and internet with Safari and Chrome...
So far so good... Perhaps problem in power management?

... and after sleep/wake i have glitches :(

tea said:
... and after sleep/wake i have glitches :(

This is always my problem as well.

I have the stock 4530s XU015UT purchased from the link provided here. With 4gb - I'm golden. With 8gb - I'm okay until sleep/wake when the artifacts begin.

This seems to be a constant and common problem. As blueking says, it could just be the byproduct of a new driver.

tea said:
I removed the AGPM and for the last 5 hours, all works well, without glitches.
I tried to Limbo game, watching 1080p videos, youtube and internet with Safari and Chrome...
So far so good... Perhaps problem in power management?

Would not surprise me.

New field to be investigated: HERE.

Ok, but our bios does not have that settings, I think. I can check when I will be with the 4530s, but I do not think that I ever saw that settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back