Register

Research on graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Ignore!!! FAILED ....
Alright I make this my FINAL FIX!

thx BigDonkey :thumbup:

Here's one for 10.7.3
I don't know what to test. I hardly have any lines lately. Maybe I'll start over with fresh install.

Attachments

• AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext10.7.3.zip
    215 KB · Views: 84
Well, well, well ...... I'll check on the patched kext tomorrow, not at my machine now!

If you made sure that the new version really got loaded, and the kext is properly patched then this would mean FAIL, aua, aua

Allright, tomorow I'll disassemble the patched kext, check it and if its allright, must keep on looking, cause then the "FINAL FIX" wont be "FINAL" anymore .... :confused:

shame on me!!!

BigDonkey did a proper job patching the 10.7.3!!! Jump was placed correct!

Though my guessing was obviously wrong, got lines myself as well now ....

@netusername: did you try BigDonkey's 5ms patch, if so, did it result in lines as well?

@everyone: before i keep digging deeper into the 10.6.8 code, is it confirmed that 10.6.8 was working flawlessly???, cause I faintly remember a comment by blueking that he got glitches with 10.6.8

I am not so much of a mac guy, so all those Codenames (like SL) and Versions, i easily get them wrong ....

I have used Snow Leopard for months, you get a few glitches on the 1st few boots of a FRESH INSTALL but you don't get them afterwards! :thumbup:

So, Snow Leopard == 10.6.8 ?!

And you get glitches as well, but they disappear over time .... hm
Would be good to know if they came back under stress ....

In a way it makes sense, i've found functions whose names suggest some sort of link
training, could be that training isn't working properly anymore .... hm, a clue at least

tx

leostone said:
So, Snow Leopard == 10.6.8 ?!

10 = MacOSX 6= Snow Leopard (SL) 8= Updated Version

Example

10 = MacOSX 7= Lion 3= Updated Version

@netusername: I need your help, since you obviously can produce artifacts quite reliably ;)

I took BigDonkey's 10.7.3 5ms patched version and removed the 5ms patch.

Instead I applied a different patch, which should disable HDCP

Now I need you to confirm that this will still produce lines on your machine ....
On mine it is under stress right now, no lines so far, but this does not mean a thing as we know ....

Would be great if you could do that! Without or with SMCPing, this does not matter, all I want is some lines on your machine ....

But do it only if you are confident that you can revert to original in case something goes awry ..... thx alot

Of course everybody else is invited to test this as well ....

Attachments

• AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext_10.7.3_DisabledHDCPPatch.zip
    214.8 KB · Views: 83
thx netusername, thats good news, but I will wait a bit longer, before drawing any conclusions, hope thats ok ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back