Contribute
Register

Research on graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigDonkey said:
leostone said:
@everyone who has still glitches:

Are you by any chance using AppleHDARollback, as I understand the driver from 10.6.2 ???

I just moved investigation towards wether if my onBoardAudio disabled/or not does make
any difference. I realized that the QuicktimePlayer won't even open without working Audio, so I came to have closer look at my audio driver setup. The idea of using the driver from 10.6.2 felt a bit to be prone for causing problems.

... so I just installed Toleda's driver which I understand is an edit of a later version of
AppleHDA.

Just trying it now, and of course I wouldn't mention it, if I had already gotten glitches ....
This doesn't apply to us. We are using IDT codec which is patched each time new AppleHDA version is released.

So you are always using the original AppleHDA driver, right?!
But weren't you saying that you don't get glitches anymore? Wouldn't that rather confirm that using an old version of AppleHDA could be the problem ....

Edit: ehm sorry, wrote before really reading! IDT ?! That's not AppleHDA at all, right? Well, actually I'm lost here ....

leostone said:
But weren't you saying that you don't get glitches anymore? Wouldn't that rather confirm that using an old version of AppleHDA could be the problem ....

Edit: ehm sorry, wrote before really reading! IDT ?! That's not AppleHDA at all, right? Well, actually I'm lost here ....
We are always using latest version of AppleHDA which is patched to look for IDT audio chip.

Majority of the software on this site supports Gigabyte motherboards and they use Realtek ALC89x audio chips. Our 4530S subforum was created couple months ago and some things just don't apply to us.

BigDonkey said:
leostone said:

We are always using latest version of AppleHDA which is patched to look for IDT audio chip.

Majority of the software on this site supports Gigabyte motherboards and they use Realtek ALC89x audio chips. Our 4530S subforum was created couple months ago and some things just don't apply to us.

Right, so AppleHDA supports several different audio chips. On your platform it needs to be patched so it would work with your IDT chip. If i'd install a plain AppleHDA it simply would not work on the HP Probook 4530s. I thought someone unexperienced could easily check AppleHDARollback in MultiBeast and Audio would still work, but that's not the case then...

PS: anyway, several reboots later and full stress, NO GLITCHES!!! :thumbup:
slowly looking as if that has been my fix ....

Just, to let yo guys know ....

HAPPY END!!! :headbang:

Read all about it HERE

I know it does not apply to your plattform, but I'd like to thank everyone here, who did provide HELP, namely BigDonkey and netusername,

cheers guys!!!

PS: all I can hope that this info might point into a direction, where the problem could be sitting on your plattform as well, the audio driver, ....

modgliani-intelHD3000
4530s:hd3000 4530s$ ./modgliani-intelHD3000_patch

Patching...
dd: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB: Permission denied
touch: /System/Library/Extensions: Permission denied

I am just trying to patch custom connectors for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext using modgliani's script but it seems not working
it looks like permission problem
can anybody give me a hand?

in2ut said:
modgliani-intelHD3000
4530s:hd3000 4530s$ ./modgliani-intelHD3000_patch

Patching...
dd: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB: Permission denied
touch: /System/Library/Extensions: Permission denied

I am just trying to patch custom connectors for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext using modgliani's script but it seems not working
it looks like permission problem
can anybody give me a hand?
the command should start with "sudo", like:
sudo ./modgliani-intelHD3000_patch

okay thank you da_beidl I successfully edited connectors info.
I set my LVDS as the only connector and I killed all the other ports
because I don't use them anyway. and guess what happened!
BANG!!! no artifacts and very rare graphical hangs when I clink on the dock just as you say in insanely mac so I kept on researching on this... I just rotated screen as you mentioned... graphical hang's gone!! but it's not really usable so I just put my dock on the left and amazingly graphical hang is gone just as we rotate the screen!! you give it a try and tell me if it works.....
hope we can fine perfect solution soon

netusername said:
Has anyone tried putting in memory only rated at 1066mhz?

i can try that, but only w 2gb... dont know if itll be of any help

ctrl+v something i posted on 4730 thread... guess it'll fit better here

>>> Hi, is it just me?

whenever i have plugged in a VGA monitor in my 4730s (not using it, but plugged in), i get no graphic freeze, no glitches, not a single problem...

if i disconnect the VGA connector, freeze and glitches comes back woth time. If i plug it in back, things get better.

i dont know if this is the regular behaviour, or maybe i can help figuring something out to someone who understand what the hell is going on here.

netusername said:

anybody else noticing HD3000 artifact problems increased?

i had my hopes on 10.7.4.... sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back