Contribute
Register

Request expert to help for Upgrade to Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what now?
My RX580 card is still now working.
What's next?

Take it back to the shop and get a refund, then buy a supported card.

Shower the horse, I'm done.

@kenwsf,
If you open Hackintool, go to PCIe page, and look for your RX 580, over in the left side of the table should be a "Device" column. What is the number in there for your device? If you have a "true" RX 580, the number should be 0x67DF. If it is not, what is the number? From what you sent before, I think it will be 0x46443736. Mac OS (any version of it) will not recognize that device id. So you have to "fake" MacOS into thinking it is a device 0x67DF. And maybe that will not work either. In Open Core, you could try this by adding to config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add, a new item that looks like what Utter Disbelief wrote in his post above.

Last edited:
What do you think for XFX rx580 ?
Is it same problem?
Stay away from XFX cards as they have a unique BIOS and don't fit to often with macOS.

@kenwsf,
If you open Hackintool, go to PCIe page, and look for your RX 580, over in the left side of the table should be a "Device" column. What is the number in there for your device? If you have a "true" RX 580, the number should be 0x67DF. If it is not, what is the number? From what you sent before, I think it will be 0x46443736. Mac OS (any version of it) will not recognize that device id. So you have to "fake" MacOS into thinking it is a device 0x67DF. And maybe that will not work either. In Open Core, you could try this by adding to config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add, a new item that looks like what Utter Disbelief wrote in his post above.
@wstrohm
I follow your guide.
Using Hackintoshtool to find my device.
The number is 0x6FDF.
What can I do for next?

Last edited:
@kenwsf,

I see my guess was wrong (from the image you had sent earlier).
If you upload your Open Core config.plist here, I will try and add a new DeviceProperties item with a "fake" device id that might work. No guarantee.

Last edited:
Stay away from XFX cards as they have a unique BIOS and don't fit to often with macOS.
@Stork
Seem like XFX is not really recommend.
What GPU should take?
How about this? Which one is easy and native?
Sapphire
Asus
Gigabyte

Last edited:
@kenwsf,

I see my guess was wrong (from the image you had sent earlier).
If you upload your Open Core config.list here, I will try and add a new DeviceProperties item with a "fake" device id that might work. No guarantee.
@wstrohm
All right.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back