Contribute
Register

Replace motherboard for Thunderbolt compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this guide. At Step 11 MacOS doesn't show up. The only option is Install OS Catalina
If you have a smartphone camera handy, please post a photo of the OpenCore boot picker where all the various boot options are displayed.

I've attached photos of boot sequence. At step 11 after the system reboots, I again select usb stick after F12 and the only option I get is "Install Mac OS" as before. If I click that it just takes me back to the utilities page. The SSD is not showing up for some reason. Photos attached.
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 22
The final photo here is where I end up after reboot. As you can see, no sign of MacOS

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 20
The final photo here is where I end up after reboot. As you can see, no sign of MacOS
normally happens when MinDate and MinVersion is not set to -1 in your config.plist

may also be worth trying an older version of opencore with Catalina

Please check SecureBootModel in Misc —> Security section of OpenCore Configurator. Change it to Disabled and then begin the Catalina installation again.

I tried to change mindate and minversion back to -1 and that worked. I was able to install. Up and running finally.
I did a check of the system.
Under bluetooth , handoff was no. And connectable was nowhere to be seen.
Under Ethernet, it didn't look like yours.
Under PCI, one entry was missing.
I have attached photos.
My keyboard is working with it's bluetooth usb. The magic mouse is not with a different blue tooth usb.
I have a tp link wireless pci card which worked perfectly in High sierra but it's not showing up.I have it in pci slot 1

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 21
I tried to change mindate and minversion back to -1 and that worked. I was able to install. Up and running finally.
I did a check of the system.
Under bluetooth , handoff was no. And connectable was nowhere to be seen.
Under Ethernet, it didn't look like yours.
Under PCI, one entry was missing.
I have attached photos.
My keyboard is working with it's bluetooth usb. The magic mouse is not with a different blue tooth usb.
I have a tp link wireless pci card which worked perfectly in High sierra but it's not showing up.I have it in pci slot 1
also upload your EFI

Here's the EFI zip
Also I can't wake from sleep

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 40
Here's the EFI zip
Also I can't wake from sleep
open up hackintool, navigate to usb and take a screenshot of that window to upload

I think this is what you are looking for

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back