Contribute
Register

Replace motherboard for Thunderbolt compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, So for example if OC config says ( 0.8.6 release configuration) does that mean it's compatible with earlier versions of OC. I am using your zip version 0.7.4 I think.
I've also been getting a warning on oc config when i launch it that bootloader looks like its not installed or your nvram is not native and also this app creates a config for 0.8.6 and higher ( which suggests to me that it won't work with 0.7.4)
Apologies for all the questions. I have never used Open core before and am kind of lost.
Thanks
Will

Ok, So for example if OC config says ( 0.8.6 release configuration) does that mean it's compatible with earlier versions of OC. I am using your zip version 0.7.4 I think.
I've also been getting a warning on oc config when i launch it that bootloader looks like its not installed or your nvram is not native and also this app creates a config for 0.8.6 and higher ( which suggests to me that it won't work with 0.7.4)
Apologies for all the questions. I have never used Open core before and am kind of lost.
Thanks
Will
No worries...

Each release of OpenCore Configurator only supports two versions of OpenCore. So the latest version is not compatible with OpenCore 0.7.4.

I would recommend starting with OpenCore 0.8.3. The mini-guide for that is located here. Would be good to read through the entire (short) guide.

The mini-guide mentions that OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0 should be used. It can be downloaded by clicking here:

I followed the above instructions perfectly I think. I got a little further. Managed to make it to the bootloader screen but when I select" install Catalina" I pretty much immediately get the prohibited/no entry sign. I have attached my plist. Could you take a look please?
Another question I had was whether the ssd needs to be empty or can it be formatted when the time comes.
Thanks again.
Will

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6 KB · Views: 15
I followed the above instructions perfectly I think. I got a little further. Managed to make it to the bootloader screen but when I select" install Catalina" I pretty much immediately get the prohibited/no entry sign. I have attached my plist. Could you take a look please?
Another question I had was whether the ssd needs to be empty or can it be formatted when the time comes.
Thanks again.
Will
Have you configured BIOS properly? This includes CFG-Lock, which must be set to Disabled.

Yes I think I got everything exactly as the guide suggests.

I searched around for solutions to this issue. I tried all the various USB ports but to no avail.
Do I need to tweak something in the EFI? As I mentioned it goes immediately to the prohibited sign, doesn't even get a chance to boot.

I searched around for solutions to this issue. I tried all the various USB ports but to no avail.
Do I need to tweak something in the EFI? As I mentioned it goes immediately to the prohibited sign, doesn't even get a chance to boot.
At the OpenCore boot picker, press and release CMD-V to enable verbose logs. Then run the macOS installer and post a photo of the screen when the logs stop moving.

Ok I tried to boot in verbose but it didn't work. I did however take a video and took a screengrab. A line of text flashes on screen very quickly and disappears . Once I try to install it goes immediately to symbol.
The text mentions OC: Failed to drop acpi etc...

Attachments

• IMG_0539.PNG
    IMG_0539.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 10
You need to check that the DMAR table, which is the only ACPI table set to be deleted/dropped is actually being specified correctly in your config.plist.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 23.05.44.png Drop DMAR table entry

As OpenCore can't find the table to drop and this is causing a KP.

If you are only using SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml, remove the other SSDT-UIAC table entries from your ACPI folder and config.plist.

While you are at that delete the other SSDT's you are not using, 7 of the 15 SSDT's are set as disabled.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 23.02.29.png ACPI SSDT's, 7 of 15 not used.

Same goes of the SDDT-GPRW.aml patch, the SSDT is not used and neither is the patch, remove it.

Why have you activated Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit when you have a functioning SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system? This should be set as False, not True.

You might want to think about changing UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion to '0' and not use'-1'.

Thanks Ed.
How do I specify the DMAR table correctly? I attached a screenshot of it.
I deleted the unused SSDT's. I think I did it correctly.
Thanks again for your help . I am out of my depth here. Opencore is
all new to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 08.14.58.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 08.14.58.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 9
  • EFI.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back