Contribute
Register

Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Greetings to all, I need urgent help, and patience. I am trying to install 10.9.3 Maverick, according to the instructions of the guide tonymax, I have a mother GA H87n Wifi, a Core I5 Haswell, 8 gb of ram and a video card EVGA GTX 750 you, and try all but the installation comes to a point and the machine is reset, I'm afraid the problem is the video card because the intel integrated 4600 I could install, but I need to work with Nvidia, you see that there are many experts here, and would like to give me some advice, I'm very new at this. So from now I thank you.

Tested and working with a new Asus GTX 760 Direct CU itx format. It works like a charm with web driver.

I can report that the new gt 730 card works perfectly OOB in 10.9.4.

I just wanted to point out that the MSI GTX 780 Ti Gaming works flawlessly with OS X 10.9.2 and the latest NVIDIA web drivers (331.01.01f02).

What flags did you use for installation? I have the exact same card and can't get it to work for the life of me.

Help please. My system is currently running with GA-Z77-DS3H Mainboard and a GeForce GTX 550ti on 10.9.2. I have also Windows 8.1 installed on a different HDD. I'm thinking on buying a new/another graphics card. How easy would it be to install a Radeon HD 7950? Is there anything i should keep in mind?

Help please. My system is currently running with GA-Z77-DS3H Mainboard and a GeForce GTX 550ti on 10.9.2. I have also Windows 8.1 installed on a different HDD. I'm thinking on buying a new/another graphics card. How easy would it be to install a Radeon HD 7950? Is there anything i should keep in mind?

This thread is for NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kelper cards. You should go to the thread that handles the AMD 7*** series cards here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...graphics-cards-framebuffer-personalities.html

You will also need this guide for installation: http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Hello everyone,

I've just bought a new Zotac GeForce Nvidia GTX 650 2GB DDR5. I've successfully installed Mavericks on my computer with the previous card Gigabyte ATI Radeon H4670. However, when I changed to this new GeForce, my hackintosh doesn't work at all.

At the first step of booting, I can choose flags options, then the system loads a little then my display turn to black with the message "please check your signal cable". I've tried different methods including GraphicsEnabler=No, PciRoot=1, -f, but the situation was still the same.

I have also found that some guys was successful with the Zotac GeForce Nvidia GTX 650 1GB, mine is 2GB. Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot.

Dear Tony,

Your guides and tools are fantastic. I use "multi beast" based computers with leopard, SL, L, ML, MAV...

"Tomorrow", I will facing a problem, so my question a kind of "preventive" one.

I will update to GTX 980 soon. Additionally I experienced igpu (HD4600) is more suitable / compatible in OSX (with less power). SO! Is there any way to force OSX to use IGPU in case of dedicated GPU also installed? Especially in case of the dedicated GPU is not supported yet? (like 980). Or is there any way to completely disable dedicated GPU in OSX to avoid boot failures? ( GTX 980 mainly for gaming )

Thanks for any suggestion.

Br,

Peter

Dear Tony,

Your guides and tools are fantastic. I use "multi beast" based computers with leopard, SL, L, ML, MAV...

"Tomorrow", I will facing a problem, so my question a kind of "preventive" one.

I will update to GTX 980 soon. Additionally I experienced igpu (HD4600) is more suitable / compatible in OSX (with less power). SO! Is there any way to force OSX to use IGPU in case of dedicated GPU also installed? Especially in case of the dedicated GPU is not supported yet? (like 980). Or is there any way to completely disable dedicated GPU in OSX to avoid boot failures? ( GTX 980 mainly for gaming )

Thanks for any suggestion.

Br,

Peter

The GTX 980 and all Maxwell-based cards are rumored to soon to be supported, but only in unreleased 10.10 Yosemite with unreleased 3rd party NVIDIA drivers.

http://www.netkas.org/?p=1356

Wait a few weeks til the launch of 10.10 to put the GTX 980 in for the OS X side. Just leave IGP as your main graphics til then for OS X.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back