Contribute
Register

Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been messing around with the settings all afternoon and the computer just freezes at the loading screen right before the log in screen... I have set the initial display output as peg, and it still does not work (also whenever i go back into the bios, it is back on the default setting even though I selected "save and reset" every time). Are there any alternatives???

I have been messing around with the settings all afternoon and the computer just freezes at the loading screen right before the log in screen... I have set the initial display output as peg, and it still does not work (also whenever i go back into the bios, it is back on the default setting even though I selected "save and reset" every time). Are there any alternatives???

Have a look at some boot flags, see what is listed in your plist at present.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104536-troubleshooting-issuing-boot-flags.html

Adrian B

I have a Gigabyte board (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH). When I upgraded from a GTX 670 card to a GTX 770 card, the machine would seem to hang before the post screen. Eventually I found out it wasn't really hanging, it was just taking over 2-3 minutes to post. What fixed it was changing the video card setting to "Gen 3" in the BIOS settings. But I have no idea if that can be set on an Asus board.

I don't know if it has been answered but 99 pages to go through is just a bit to much.. Does this apply to the NVIDIA Geforce 630M (Laptop) Card with Mavericks as well?

maybe i'm being slow but my NVidia GT630 needs GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot.... Mavericks :)

Hey,

i have a GTX 770 4GB. on 10.9.1

ramdon freezes. So I used to install "freeze App". Now nearly no freezes, but many problems with "stuck/stops" while using the System.
1-4 Seconds stops.

Any ideas and advices?

Core i7
Z87 (from buyers guide) newest BIOS
GTX 770 4gb
32gb ram

Hey,

i have a GTX 770 4GB. on 10.9.1

ramdon freezes. So I used to install "freeze App". Now nearly no freezes, but many problems with "stuck/stops" while using the System.
1-4 Seconds stops.

Any ideas and advices?

Core i7
Z87 (from buyers guide) newest BIOS
GTX 770 4gb
32gb ram

I am also getting freezes with a GTX 770 Phantom 4GB, it worked perfectly up until last week when the freezes started happening, Usually when watching video in mplayerx or vlc the only thing i have noticed is that the GPU power management might be an issue the clock speeds seem to stick permanently high once under any stress and then the freezes happen.. :banghead:

Just to add, my system is as follows;

-i7 4770K
-Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H
-16GB Corsair
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Vengeance Low Profile RAM
-Nvidia GTX 770 4GB (Gainward Phantom)
-Samsung 830 256GB SSD
-Corsair
[/FONT]AX760i PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back