Contribute
Register

Reminder: NVIDIA GeForce 6xx/7xx Kepler Cards work with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2048 MB. For Yosemite I need GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Otherwise I get a kernel panic.

Windows 8.1 legacy mode

Hi, Could you please help me how to boot windows 8.1 in legacy mode. I installed Yosemite but I can install Windows 8 coz it is in UEFI mode. I use Chimera bootloader.

Help??

Hi,
I am a newbie to hackintosh so i want to ask you some problems.
I installed yosemite on acer aspire V5 core i5, graphics 2GB, ram8gb with Chimera.When i install win8 alongside with yosemite, it doesnt' allow me toinstall as it is in UEFI mode. I want to know how to boot win8 installer in legacy mode.

I would suggest that the GT640 or even a GT 740 with DDR3 RAM (often similar price) is the better long term solution. The GT 630 is only on a performance par with Intel HD4600 graphics. The GT640 tend to have a bigger and quieter fan - its not a performance card but does work well for most family type computing needs with a little bit of extra performance headroom that means it should not need to be replaced all that soon.

Just got a GT 740, this one to be precise:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b2959/asus-gt-740-oc.html

Under 'About This Mac':

Graphics - Unknown 0 MB.

In Clover the only option I've ticked is 'inject Nvidia'.

11:559 0:230 ERROR: Unable to locate nVidia Video BIOS
11:559 0:000 there are no ROM loaded and no VBIOS read from hardware
11:559 0:000 nVidia Unknown -1096810496MB NVE7 [10DE:0FC8] ::
11:559 0:000 PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x0)\Pci(0x0,0x0)
11:559 0:000 devprop_add_nvidia_template
11:559 0:000 default_NVCAP: 04000000-00000300-0C000000-00000007-00000000
11:559 0:000 LAN Controller [10EC:8169] :: PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1E,0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x0)
11:559 0:000 stringlength = 1798
11:560 0:000 CurrentMode: Width=1024 Height=768

Any idea what's wrong?

Here's a screen grab of System Information:

Attachments

• Screenshot of System Information (23-10-2014 14:35:13).png
    Screenshot of System Information (23-10-2014 14:35:13).png
    61.9 KB · Views: 253
Here's the result without Nvidia inject:

20:995 0:000 EdidDiscovered size=0
20:995 0:000 NVidia GFX injection not set
20:995 0:000 LAN Controller [10EC:8169] :: PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1E,0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x0)
20:995 0:000 stringlength = 232
20:995 0:000 CurrentMode: Width=1024 Height=768

EdidDiscovered size=0 - I'm assuming that's bad. :)

'CurrentMode' isn't true either, during boot I have full res (1920x1080).

About this Mac says: NVIDIA Chip Model 1024 MB

Attachments

• Screenshot of System Information (23-10-2014 17:58:39).png
    Screenshot of System Information (23-10-2014 17:58:39).png
    59.7 KB · Views: 163
@macadamia,

My understanding is that NVIDIA graphics injection is not required for these cards. I am not really up on using Clover - so I would suggest posting this information in a new thread that is also in Post installation > Graphics.

The non injection option that you display does show the memory being correctly listed. The cards being reported as an 'NVIDIA Chip model' is also fine at this stage as Apple does not have the models of these cards recorded in OS X yet. If the card otherwise works using the non injection method then there is no need for you to do anything further. :thumbup:

GTX 760 problem

Hi everyone,

This is my first time building my own Hackintosh system. I've managed to set everything up and install Yosemite into my system. But I keep getting this message saying "A graphics problem has been detected". It occurs especially when I use Apple native programs such as Safari. But if I go with Chrome, it is totally okay. This is not really a big deal for me as I could use other browser.

The real problem kicks in with software like Photoshop. I could open the apps, but when I try to do editing, my screen would be frozen and I need to restart my system hundreds time. This has been a big concern for me as I do not want to keep restarting my newly build system and I believe it also shorten the life of the hardware too.

Could anyone please help me with this?

I have installed NVIDIA CUDA & NVIDIA DRIVER MANAGER (and I have tried both native driver and web driver, but both doesn't work with problems that I have mentioned earlier).
It has been detected correctly in the system and also GraphicEnabler = No has been set. IGP Enabler = Yes.

My specifications:
MoBo: ASUS H97i-plus
Processor: i5-4960k
RAM: Ballistic 16GB (2x8GB) 1600Mhz
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 120GB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 (I think it's the OC edition).
OSX: Yosemite

Anyways, I'll attach my current settings from MultiBeast. If anyone could help me out will be so much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 6.22.31 pm copy.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-26 at 1.47.43 pm.png

Hi everyone,

This is my first time building my own Hackintosh system. I've managed to set everything up and install Yosemite into my system. But I keep getting this message saying "A graphics problem has been detected". It occurs especially when I use Apple native programs such as Safari. But if I go with Chrome, it is totally okay. This is not really a big deal for me as I could use other browser.

The real problem kicks in with software like Photoshop. I could open the apps, but when I try to do editing, my screen would be frozen and I need to restart my system hundreds time. This has been a big concern for me as I do not want to keep restarting my newly build system and I believe it also shorten the life of the hardware too.

I have installed NVIDIA CUDA & NVIDIA DRIVER MANAGER (and I have tried both native driver and web driver, but both doesn't work with problems that I have mentioned earlier).
It has been detected correctly in the system and also GraphicEnabler = No has been set. IGP Enabler = Yes.

My specifications:

Anyways, I'll attach my current settings from MultiBeast. If anyone could help me out will be so much appreciated.

View attachment 110298View attachment 110299

and every time I start the system (i.e. from shut down) I will need to reset my hackintosh for several times.

Hi everyone,

My specifications:

View attachment 110298View attachment 110299

As I have already explained - you have lots of incorrect MultiBeast options selected. I suggest that you try using the DSDT Free option with your Intel ethernet selection and nothing else. Less is more when fault finding.

As I have already explained - you have lots of incorrect MultiBeast options selected. I suggest that you try using the DSDT Free option with your Intel ethernet selection and nothing else. Less is more when fault finding.

Actually I did the configuration that you told me. But, it still doesn't do anything.
I've now used the integrated graphic cards instead and it works perfectly fine. I think GTX 760 is not compatible with Yosemite yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back