CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Title pretty much spells it out. I've had this build for 6 years and haven't really messed with it much since getting it set up, but when my Windows side crashed I decided to just wipe the windows partition and start over. There was a Windows EFI file that was still appearing even after wiping it, so I was like "oh I'll just update Clover, it's been awhile and the screenshots I'm seeing are a different version".

Which, would have been fine if I was careful, but I wasn't, and my mac boot drive disappeared. After doing some research, looks like I didn't select the hfsplus.efi

I have since reinstalled Windows, but I haven't figured out how to get the driver in with clover. Is there a way to do it via USB or from the Windows side? Worst case scenario, I could start over since most my files are on my HDD, but Clover/Mac OS is on my SSD, but I'd really rather it not come to that. Been searching for a guide but haven't found one as of yet. I've learned a lot, but I'm still learning.

On Sierra if that matters. Rest of my specs are in my profile.

Use DiskGenius to access/mount the EFI partition on your macOS drive. Free version linked below.

On the matter of updating CLOVER, I would recommend not using a release newer than r5120, unless you want to learn about OpenCore quirks. As all versions of CLOVER newer than r5120 incorporate OpenCore Quirks by default. You are expected to use them as part of the CLOVER setup. They are included in r5120 but not essential for you to use.

I still run a couple of older systems on CLOVER and haven't needed to update them beyond r5120 running Catalina or Big Sur. Running anything newer might be a different matter. As you are running Sierra r5120 will be fine.

Back