Contribute
Register

RehabMan SSDT trick used to disable unsupported Nvidia and keep it in pcie slot while using Mojave

Motherboard
Maximus X Hero
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
to both of you, if the file posted above is not working, try this second one, I use it on my own computer with success.
The previous one was for ACPI path "_SB.PCI0.PEG0", this one is for "_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP". Copy to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder then reboot.
Hello,

I tried your aml file, it works however. My Nvidia RTX continues to blow in place of my Vega ..
As soon i use a bench gpu or games, the fans of the RTX always make noise..

An idea ?

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS H270F - GAMING
CPU
Intel i7 7700k 4.2ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry, my 1080ti is watercooled so I never noticed this strange behavior, can't help you.
Have a question for you, are you running a 1080ti and the R9 270 on one system? I am assuming that you toggle off the Nvidia 1080ti when running Mojave is that right? If so awesome didn't know that this was even possible. But if I am wrong correct me If I am! Thanks

Motherboard
ASUS Z97 Pro (Wifi/AC)
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti + R9 380
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
You understood right, this SSDT trick allows you to make an unsupported Nvidia graphic card invisible to Mojave while being still available for other OS like Windows, for example, in multiboot. If you don't want to install a second graphic card just for Mojave, you can enable the Intel CPU integrated GPU, it works too.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Maximus X Hero
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iMac, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry, my 1080ti is watercooled so I never noticed this strange behavior, can't help you.
Lucky. I wish a water-cooling on it now.. It makes more noise than under Windows in game 4K ..
I think the fans blow at the maximum speed. : '(