Contribute
Register

RehabMan SSDT trick used to disable unsupported Nvidia and keep it in pcie slot while using Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
to both of you, if the file posted above is not working, try this second one, I use it on my own computer with success.
The previous one was for ACPI path "_SB.PCI0.PEG0", this one is for "_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP". Copy to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder then reboot.

Hello,

I tried your aml file, it works however. My Nvidia RTX continues to blow in place of my Vega ..
As soon i use a bench gpu or games, the fans of the RTX always make noise..

An idea ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-06-10 à 19.29.26.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-06-10 à 19.29.26.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 246
Sorry, my 1080ti is watercooled so I never noticed this strange behavior, can't help you.

Have a question for you, are you running a 1080ti and the R9 270 on one system? I am assuming that you toggle off the Nvidia 1080ti when running Mojave is that right? If so awesome didn't know that this was even possible. But if I am wrong correct me If I am! Thanks

You understood right, this SSDT trick allows you to make an unsupported Nvidia graphic card invisible to Mojave while being still available for other OS like Windows, for example, in multiboot. If you don't want to install a second graphic card just for Mojave, you can enable the Intel CPU integrated GPU, it works too.

Last edited:
Sorry, my 1080ti is watercooled so I never noticed this strange behavior, can't help you.

Lucky. I wish a water-cooling on it now.. It makes more noise than under Windows in game 4K ..
I think the fans blow at the maximum speed. : '(

Hello, and I apologize for my English. I would like to disable the nvidia gtx 970 card for mojave because i use integrated. my motherboard msi z87 m power and processor i5 4670k. I would like to exclude the whole nvide, it calls and it bothers me. I'd like to turn off the nvidia.

He adds files in the attachment. Thank you in advance for every help! greetings

Attachments

Attachments

• origin.rar
    27 KB · Views: 83
@poulpor hey how are you?, i need your help for an RTX2080 in mojave mac pro 5.1 mid 2010 thank you :) "im french too can you talk to me in inbox please? its better if you help me en français !!"

to both of you, if the file posted above is not working, try this second one, I use it on my own computer with success.
The previous one was for ACPI path "_SB.PCI0.PEG0", this one is for "_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP". Copy to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder then reboot.
Hello @poulpor,

Thanks to you for your patch! It works :D
I have:
- GTX 1060 in slot 1 (for Windows, where RX 550 is deactivated in Device Management section)
- RX 550 in slot 2 for OS X.

I still have cosmetic problems on both sides (that I will soon detail in a success guide but those are not big problems). This is due to dual-GPU mode.

PS: Hi from France too :wave:

Hello @poulpor,

Thanks to you for your patch! It works :D
I have:
- GTX 1060 in slot 1 (for Windows, where RX 550 is deactivated in Device Management section)
- RX 550 in slot 2 for OS X.

I still have cosmetic problems on both sides (that I will soon detail in a success guide but those are not big problems). This is due to dual-GPU mode.

PS: Hi from France too :wave:
Hello Kuaaaly
did you have a monitor for each card ?
or it's just 1 monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back