Contribute
Register

Recording Studio Rig: i7-2700K | GA-Z68X-UD7 | Radeon HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
the3030club said:
Very cool!

Glad to see you're running well with Pcie. I'm running a Lynx Aurora via FW with a similar setup and it runs well, but not perfect. Its a p67 mobo and i've tried the onboard FW and the syba TI card.

I guess i'm going to have to byte the bullet and go PCIe.

Here's my digs:

@_@ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I don't think I can put enough smilies in for this. You guys both have insane set ups!

the3030club said:
...Here's my digs:
rackcomp5.jpg
I like the Lian Li PC-C32 case. The non rack version would make a very good case for a larger AV HTPC system.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VEPL4G/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112352&Tpk=lian%20li%20pc-c32b

(Please add a system description to your signature block, too, per Rule #3. Doing so, you will help us help you better. And you get to show off your system's components. :thumbup: )

Wow!

Genuinely impressed by these studio setups, and the thought that has gone into making powerful, useable Hackintoshes rather than spending 4x the money to get a Mac Pro of similar performance!

the3030club said:
I guess i'm going to have to byte the bullet and go PCIe.

Here's my digs:

UBER-nice digs, my man! And I think you'll like the difference of the PCIe card option. MUCH less latency that way...

Very nice room! Great setup!

Re: Core i7 2700K – GA-Z68XP-UD7 – 16GB RAM – Radeon HD 6870 1GB

audioisgood said:
How is your low latency performance with the apogee rig? Just as on a mac?

Latency is like 1.8ms.... Virtually undetected. And the Symphony I/O Only works on a Mac :D

audioisgood said:
I am tempted to pick a different GA Mobo with more pcie slots, sata ports, and dual ethernet. Would you recommend against it or is it ok as long as its a GA with DSDT available. The board in question is a GA-P67A-UD7.

I don't think my mobo is in production any more, but still can be purchased through a few outlets. My mobo is a UD7, too, so has the same # of PCIe slots as the board you cite. Mine also has dual Ethernet & I believe the max# of SATA ports, too. Mine also has on-board FireWire with TI chipset.

Good luck with your build!!

Thanks for kind words. :D Aside from latency i'm hoping that PCIe will solve some glitchy stability problems i've always had with FW - even on my old mac pro.

I am so tempted to copy your build! I am running my studio on an iMac, need more power and this looks like it will do the job wonderfully. I'm using a FW Audio Interface as well, might have to try the PCIe card too. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back