Contribute
Register

Recording Studio 2.0: Core i7 3770K | GA-Z77X-UP5 TH | 32GB | HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see my Thunderball build description starting approximately at Post #330 where I took the "challenge" to change from the default MacPro3,1 System Definition. I eventually went back to the MacPro3,1 SysDef because the other SysDefs caused minor, irritating problems. I recommend you stick with the default SysDef unless you want a hobby. :thumbup:

hahahahahaha yea i know how hard it is to switch system definitions and then get a random kernel panic :lol:. Well this will probably be my last question, i finally got mavericks, i copied Storks multibeast "test" settings i read on a different thread of "tonymacs post your multibeast settings" and i installed Parallels Desktop 9. Yes this is yet another Parallels problem x) The issue is that im trying to instal Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, but when i reach the installation screen in parallels of windows 7, it says that its not reading my processor as 64 bit, hence that i have an i7-3770k. Any ideas on how to get through this??

hahahahahaha yea i know how hard it is to switch system definitions and then get a random kernel panic :lol:. Well this will probably be my last question, i finally got mavericks, i copied Storks multibeast "test" settings i read on a different thread of "tonymacs post your multibeast settings" and i installed Parallels Desktop 9. Yes this is yet another Parallels problem x) The issue is that im trying to instal Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, but when i reach the installation screen in parallels of windows 7, it says that its not reading my processor as 64 bit, hence that i have an i7-3770k. Any ideas on how to get through this??

Disreguard this port, i fixed it! Apparently it was a faulty copy of Parallels 9. Contacted the manufacture and they sent me another one! Woohoo!:D

Hello I have been debating for months if i should do the CustoMac
I saw your golden build and pics and it gave me that extra comfort so ima do it.

I checked the latest Customac Guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/406-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-january-2014.html#custo_pro

What I want to know is if I use the correct parts from this guide, will I be able to use this like a brand new Apple Mac and install Protools and all my other audio programs?

Also why did you use a Socket 1155 processor and board ....and not a 1150 processor and board?

If i wanted newer up to date info on Customac protools builds where would I go?

I asked this because my brother is this super pc repair know it all and keeps saying ima run into problems so I im asking before I buy the parts

P.S. Thank you for your time.

Hello I have been debating for months if i should do the CustoMac
I saw your golden build and pics and it gave me that extra comfort so ima do it.

I checked the latest Customac Guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/406-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-january-2014.html#custo_pro

What I want to know is if I use the correct parts from this guide, will I be able to use this like a brand new Apple Mac and install Protools and all my other audio programs?...
I'd wait for the tonymacx86 February 2014 Buyer's Guide (which should be ready soon) as it has some updates to the CustoMac recommended builds. BTW, have you noticed that BoomR's build doesn't use a graphics card? Intel's Integrated Graphics is now at a performance level that professional audio recording doesn't require a graphics card. Haswell HD4600's performance is even better than Ivy Bridge's (1155) HD4000 integrated graphics. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/87502-old-dog-new-tricks-using-hd4000-your-pro-audio-daw-builds.html for more information.

roeriddler said:
...Also why did you use a Socket 1155 processor and board ....and not a 1150 processor and board?...
Check the date on his original post - it's January 2013 - over a year ago. Haswell (1150) hadn't come out yet.

Thanks for jumping in there & answering the post, Stork! BTW, the build is still rockin' & rollin' to my delight!! For the recording, I'm using ProTools HD|Native system, running both v.10 and v11 of PTHD. Also have all the Spectrasonics plugs, as well as NI Komplete Ultimate 9, Addictive Drums, and Ivory. I have no doubt that a Haswell-based build to run PT and your plugs will work JUST fine!!

:headbang:

Now that we're a couple dot releases into Mavericks (and all of my go-to apps & plugs are now certified for Mavericks), it was time to take the plunge - err.. ride the Mavericks Wave!! Rather than trying to update to Mavs over my existing Mountain Lion, I got a nice deal on the new Samsung 840 EVO SSD, so swapped that out for my old SanDisk Extreme.

Did a clean install using the 10.9.2 installer from the App store. Went without a hitch - REALLY digging the new MultiBeast where you can save your configurations for recall later! Thanks Tonymacx86 dev team!! As soon as I get home, I'll upload the MB config file that's working for me. I've also updated my post with the new parts & software, plus added a new screen grab of my latest GeekBench scores. I think the combination of Mavs and the new SSD (but probably mostly Mavs) gets me about another 1,000+ points faster machine!!

Thank you " Stork " I have purchased all my parts

I decided to use

PCU : i7 4770K
MB : GA-Z87X-UD5H
Net: TPLINK 4800
Graphics : On Board

I have installed Snow Leopard using Haswell iBoot and Windows 7 on a 500GB SSD, I have been getting minor problems with Safari and Google chrome web browsers...they crash 40 - 80 seconds after I load a page and if i leave it like that it will fix its self after a few minutes but thats a problem... this problem should be fixed momentarily ...Tonymacx86 Moderators " Going Bald " & " Tokenkopf4 " have replied so ima try their method...

Also I have no audio on the Snow Leopard side....How can I fix this?

Have you ever used Parallel desktops and or Crossover?

I want to use it so I can run my usual windows xp / 7 plugins and programs on mac SAFELY
Windows 7 is working excellent, my music programs are up and running.

Haswell is not supported in Snow Leopard. We intended iBoot for Haswell to install and run Snow Leopard to get to the Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) to download Mavericks; i.e., you have to boot and run Snow Leopard with iBoot for Haswell. So, you need to update to Mavericks for your Z87 TH system to run OS X issue free.

I've had this build for about 2 years now. I just got a Yamaha RX-V475 and have my optical cable (Digital Out) connected to the receiver. I know I can only get stereo sound right now. I've googled around and tried using perian/enabling AC3 from this guide

http://www.cod3r.com/2008/02/the-correct-way-to-enable-ac3-passthrough-with-quicktime/

I've gone through my audio/midi setup to try to set my digital output with 5.1 but only stereo is available.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to speakers and receivers. Is there a way I can send 5.1 from my digital out to my receiver? If I cannot, is there a way I could send it through hdmi out the motherboard then hdmi out the the receiver to still have video usage of a display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back