Contribute
Register

Rebranding/Make BCM943162ZP M.2 NGFF to work with Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the first BCM943162ZP user.

I am very interested to see if AirportBrcm4360 will successfully drive this card.
Expectations are it will.

I double-checked the injector Rehabman supplied and that should be working.
Follow his instructions to ensure its properly installed.

No DSDT patch should be needed at all, keep everything vanilla there.

No DSDT patch should be needed at all, keep everything vanilla there.

@the-darkvoid

Thanks for checking my work... I have no BCM hardware, so no direct experience (although I'm supposed to receive a couple of cards today).

@Ciitizen872

Just to add/clarify here too... In the ioreg I see no DSDT patch active (so that is good).

And make sure your IO80211Family.kext is vanilla as well.

So just to be sure i do the process right
I need to install thoses 3 kext in S/L/E , without name modification right ?

Screenshot at févr. 14 8:40:38 PM.png

Edit 1 : Just finished to re-install the 3 Kexts
I will do a reboot and let u know
See process

Process.gif
https://copy.com/7IEXUyc2mJxia7oR

Edit 2 : Nope, seem to not working, no wireless icon on top, no bluetooth detected.
4360 apple kext i loaded.

Screenshot at févr. 14 9:00:22 PM.png

Screenshot at févr. 14 9:01:02 PM.png

great to see a new ngff m.2 card in development. hopefully we'll also see the dell dw1560 coming onto the market soon. Any pointers on where to find this card right now?

Well i bought this one off Aliexpress.
But seem like its unsupported, like said in the post just before the card seem to not work with the 4360 driver so...

Just bought a BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF of german ebay seller Hebeda (trusted)
Last time i checked he still have 3 in stock. (79EUR/piece)

I can do further testing if somes provide another solutions/things to test with the BCM943162ZP thus !
In Ubuntu 14.04 on dual boot the card is undetected also, well the bluetooth part seem to work but the wireless nope. I think the card is too new/not mainstream so no driver available on linux too..

So just to be sure i do the process right
I need to install thoses 3 kext in S/L/E , without name modification right ?

View attachment 126495

Edit 1 : Just finished to re-install the 3 Kexts
I will do a reboot and let u know
See process

Process.gif
https://copy.com/7IEXUyc2mJxia7oR

Edit 2 : Nope, seem to not working, no wireless icon on top, no bluetooth detected.
4360 apple kext i loaded.

View attachment 126497

View attachment 126498

Check your system.log to see if there are any errors coming from the driver during startup that might give us a clue. It is starting to seem like the card is not supported.

Note: WiFi has nothing to do with bluetooth.

Well i bought this one off Aliexpress.
But seem like its unsupported, like said in the post just before the card seem to not work with the 4360 driver so...

I can do further testing if somes provide another solutions/things to test with the BCM943162ZP thus !
In Ubuntu 14.04 on dual boot the card is undetected also, well the bluetooth part seem to work but the wireless nope. I think the card is too new/not mainstream so no driver available on linux too..

I think we need to do some more testing before your give up.
Post your ioregistry and system log as Rehabman suggested.
It should tell us a bit more about what is going on.

Also the BMC94352 WiFi does not work in Ubuntu 14.04 by default, it needs a custom driver compiled from Broadcom.

Hi, thanks for your support
What did i need to search in the system log ? I have a buunnnchh of log including from APP etc..
Also i need to check it at boot ?

Hi, thanks for your support
What did i need to search in the system log ? I have a buunnnchh of log including from APP etc..
Also i need to check it at boot ?

Boot starts at BOOT_TIME. Check it carefully for logs that may be coming from the BCM driver.

Here the boot log, i cleared a little bit like the thing uselesss Calendar logins etc...

View attachment Boot.log.zip

Edit :

Found this in the log
Code:
16/02/2015 6:52:49,000 PM kernel[0]: ARPT: 2.811752: AirPort_Brcm43XX::start: failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back