Contribute
Register

Rebranding/Make BCM943162ZP M.2 NGFF to work with Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other possibility would be to rebrand a compatible card.

How the re-branding could be done?
This is why I may also need it.
I have HP EliteBook 1040 G1 Folio.
I was able to install Yosemite and run it successfully.
Originally laptop had Intel 7260NG m2.NGFF card. As it is not OS X compatible the card was replaced.
First I tried the Lenovo 20200480 (BCM94352z).This card was recognized by the BIOS on the first start after replacement and worked a few minutes. But after the next reboot the card was not recognized and visible in the system information screen at BIOS (01.31 Rev.A(31 Mar 2015)). Similar happend with an other Lenovo 20200480 card. Lenovo 20200480 was also not visible in Ubuntu. The laptop worked without problem with the Intel7260NG card using Ubuntu.
I returned 20200480 used the USB dongle for WiFi.
Later I was able to obtain and install the Dell DW1560. It was recognized by BIOS and worked without problems for a few monthes. Early August I upgraded the BIOS to 01.32 Rev.A(29 Jul 2015). The Dell DW1560 continued to work.
At the end of September the Dell
DW1560 stopped working (was not recognized by BIOS and was not visible in OS X, Ubuntu) as I was told that notebook suffered a drop from the sofa to the floor. I was not able to find any sign of any damage. The notebook worked just fine except the WiFi and Bluetooth. The Intel7260NG continue to operate properly in the notebook withthe Ubuntu.
The replacement DW1560 was recognized by the BIOS but dissapeared after a few minutes and again Intel7260NG continued to work.
I was able to verify that DW1560 cardS are still good as they are working properly at the Dell 9343 laptop with the Windows 10, Ubuntu and Os X (10.10.5) operating system.

Please let me know where to look and what to try next

How the re-branding could be done?
This is why I may also need it.
I have HP EliteBook 1040 G1 Folio.
I was able to install Yosemite and run it successfully.
Originally laptop had Intel 7260NG m2.NGFF card. As it is not OS X compatible the card was replaced.
First I tried the Lenovo 20200480 (BCM94352z).This card was recognized by the BIOS on the first start after replacement and worked a few minutes. But after the next reboot the card was not recognized and visible in the system information screen at BIOS (01.31 Rev.A(31 Mar 2015)). Similar happend with an other Lenovo 20200480 card. Lenovo 20200480 was also not visible in Ubuntu. The laptop worked without problem with the Intel7260NG card using Ubuntu.
I returned 20200480 used the USB dongle for WiFi.
Later I was able to obtain and install the Dell DW1560. It was recognized by BIOS and worked without problems for a few monthes. Early August I upgraded the BIOS to 01.32 Rev.A(29 Jul 2015). The Dell DW1560 continued to work.
At the end of September the Dell
DW1560 stopped working (was not recognized by BIOS and was not visible in OS X, Ubuntu) as I was told that notebook suffered a drop from the sofa to the floor. I was not able to find any sign of any damage. The notebook worked just fine except the WiFi and Bluetooth. The Intel7260NG continue to operate properly in the notebook withthe Ubuntu.
The replacement DW1560 was recognized by the BIOS but dissapeared after a few minutes and again Intel7260NG continued to work.
I was able to verify that DW1560 cardS are still good as they are working properly at the Dell 9343 laptop with the Windows 10, Ubuntu and Os X (10.10.5) operating system.

Please let me know where to look and what to try next

Sounds like you have some hardware reliability/quality problems.

BCM94352Z is working for most...

Sounds like you have some hardware reliability/quality problems.

BCM94352Z is working for most...

So is there any way to reprogram some how DW1560 to make it look more HP friendly or mod the HP BIOS?

So is there any way to reprogram some how DW1560 to make it look more HP friendly or mod the HP BIOS?

I'm not convinced there is any incompatibility.

Sounds like you just purchased bad WiFi card(s)??

All of them (3) are working fine in Dell 9343 laptop:banghead:

Check your BIOS options. Because you stated they were working in the HP, but then stopped working...

Check your BIOS options. Because you stated they were working in the HP, but then stopped working...
Looked already everywhere I could imagine. Cannot think where else to look

Looked already everywhere I could imagine. Cannot think where else to look

Did you reset BIOS to defaults? Did you do EC reset? Maybe even CMOS reset (remove CMOS battery).

Hi there, is this WiFi card working on macOS Sierra? Is it compatible with macOS? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back