Contribute
Register

Reboot loop out of nowhere (Catalina 10.15.7 - Previously working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen people using a couple of kexts together (like InjectAll, USBPort, USBPort-All). Any reason for that?

If that is the case, they are probably making mistakes.

To start with you need just one technique to activate all USB ports on your machine:

a) USBInjectAll.kext and the XhciPortLimit quirk.

or

b) USBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch relevant to your macOS version.

Depending on your macOS version either one of these will make all Intel USB ports available to you.

Once done, you should configure them correctly, and delete any unused ones, using Hackintool or the script by CorpNewt.

Then you use the following, depending on the technique you used:

1) USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml

or

2) USBPorts.kext on its own.

or

3) USBMap.kext on its own.

Not a mixture.

I recommend 2) USBPorts.kext on its own.

Hackintool doesn't show any green USB port or something when I plug.
I've carefully patched the kernel, enabled the port limit and using USBInjectAll.

So I went for the script from the Opencore Guide to create a first version with USB2/3. Then I used that generated kext to finish the job with Hackintool (set Type-C port and one slot internal for Bluetooth dongle).

It should do the trick.

I made it to the OS using USBInjectAll. The mapping was working but it has failed after a day or something.
I've seen people using a couple of kexts together (like InjectAll, USBPort, USBPort-All). Any reason for that?
My posted EFIs for my rig include multiple USBPort kexts to permit custom configuration. Only one is enabled in OC's config.plist. It's not uncommon to have USBInjectAll.kext and various "flavors" of USBPorts.kext in OC/Kexts while refining a USB map. It's the OC config.plist that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back