Contribute
Register

Realtek ALC887 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the moderator of this Forum-thread knows about the following solution:
Run the script from Toleda's CloverALC patcher to achieve native audio. :clap:

Download this ALC887 Audio patch from GitHub.
Move the ZIP file to your desktop and extract it there.
Mount the EFI partition (the one on your Hard Drive / SSD) from Launchpad :arrow: Other :arrow: Terminal
Code:
diskutil list
# find your EFI partition. It is usually disk0s1
# the mount point will be the following directory you make
sudo mkdir /Volumes/efi
# check if the following command is correct
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi
Double click on the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command file.

You should see this:
HP1QqG3.png

You will be asked to enter your password. Enter your password and press Enter.

Here are the questions that the script will ask you:
  1. Confirm Codec ALCxxx (885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150, 1220 only): answer y to confirm that you have ALC887
  2. Clover/Legacy: answer y to Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n)
  3. Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): answer y to confirm that you will use Clover's Audio ID Injection
  4. Use Audio ID: x (y/n): If for some reason it shows another Audio ID than 1, type 'n' and enter '1' and press Enter
The script will download the ALC887 kext and put it in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.x folders automatically. It will also add kext patches to your config.plist file and set Audio ID to 1 automatically.

AvwNsdx.png

Once the script finishes, you need to restart your Hackintosh.

That's it, audio should now be working! To confirm, you can go to System Preferences > Sound and test the ports in the Output and Input tabs.

I took the screenshots from [GUIDE] MSI H81M Motherboards, an old guide with some dead links. Just try it, it worked for me.
Don't work for me...

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-10-15 в 17.13.42.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-10-15 в 17.13.42.png
    734.9 KB · Views: 339
I'm sorry, but I can't save anything I write in signature. Motherboard is MSI A320M Gaming Pro with ALC887.
as per rules, AMD not supported

I think the moderator of this Forum-thread knows about the following solution:
Run the script from Toleda's CloverALC patcher to achieve native audio. :clap:

Download this ALC887 Audio patch from GitHub.
Move the ZIP file to your desktop and extract it there.
Mount the EFI partition (the one on your Hard Drive / SSD) from Launchpad :arrow: Other :arrow: Terminal
Code:
diskutil list
# find your EFI partition. It is usually disk0s1
# the mount point will be the following directory you make
sudo mkdir /Volumes/efi
# check if the following command is correct
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi
Double click on the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command file.

You should see this:
HP1QqG3.png

You will be asked to enter your password. Enter your password and press Enter.

Here are the questions that the script will ask you:
  1. Confirm Codec ALCxxx (885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150, 1220 only): answer y to confirm that you have ALC887
  2. Clover/Legacy: answer y to Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n)
  3. Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): answer y to confirm that you will use Clover's Audio ID Injection
  4. Use Audio ID: x (y/n): If for some reason it shows another Audio ID than 1, type 'n' and enter '1' and press Enter
The script will download the ALC887 kext and put it in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.x folders automatically. It will also add kext patches to your config.plist file and set Audio ID to 1 automatically.

AvwNsdx.png

Once the script finishes, you need to restart your Hackintosh.

That's it, audio should now be working! To confirm, you can go to System Preferences > Sound and test the ports in the Output and Input tabs.

I took the screenshots from [GUIDE] MSI H81M Motherboards, an old guide with some dead links. Just try it, it worked for me.

Created my new hackintosh with i3 coffeelake, gigabyte z370M mb & rx560 vc. Then installed Mac OS high Sierra...trying to fix audio alc 887 and this procedure helped me a lot! Thanks to everyone in this forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back