Contribute
Register

Realtek 8111 not working on Monterey or Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried MacPro7,1 and iMacPro1,1?. Is your BIOS upto date also.
Yes, when I installed Big Sur (3 dies ago) I update Bios and everything worked fine. Then I updated OTA to Monterey and Ethernet Rip.

Yes, when I installed Big Sur (3 dies ago) I update Bios and everything worked fine. Then I updated OTA to Monterey and Ethernet Rip.
Have you tried Ventura yet?.

Not yet, should I?
I’ve been using Ventura since the first public betas became available and found it to be stable. I only encountered Ethernet flakiness since installing Windows for dual boot.

I’ve been using Ventura since the first public betas became available and found it to be stable. I only encountered Ethernet flakiness since installing Windows for dual boot.
Thanks, I’m gonna try Ventura. If I have problems I’ll come back to Big Sur because my hardware worked very well and I’m not able to make work Monterey. Thanks for your response.

After a nightmare for installing Ventura, same problem, not working. Thinking in buying a pci ethernet card.
I updated Ventura this morning and found that Ethernet was working properly, I also changed to IntelMausi.kext. Ethernet was stable and didn’t disconnect!.

I updated Ventura this morning and found that Ethernet was working properly, I also changed to IntelMausi.kext. Ethernet was stable and didn’t disconnect!.
But your mother board has realtek 8111 as ethernet like mine?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back