Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock H61M-DGS R2.0
CPU
Intel Core i3-3240
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 660
This is an edit to clarify my system: I'm attempting to run Yosemite on the system specified in my description to the left. I can't remember what setup I used for multibeast, but that doesn't really matter because I'm not even getting far enough into the boot process for the os to load the drivers. Please help; I can't find any other solution other than restarting from the beginning, and I'd rather not do that.
I turn the computer on, and this appears indefinitely:
Boot 0: GPT
Boot 0: test
Boot 0: done_

This is all it shows, no errors. The reason this is so weird is, first, it doesn't display an error, and second, this happens even if I don't have a drive of over 1 TB inside. The boot drive is a 16 GB SSD, with an additional 1 TB hard drive (yes, but wait a minute). When I first installed the hard drive, I restarted the system right after partitioning it for osx use, and it worked fine. I restarted it the next day, and then it started to do this. What's really weird is that, as I previously mentioned, when I disconnected the 1 TB hard drive and tried to start up the system again, it did exactly the same thing.

Last edited:
This is an edit to clarify my system: I'm attempting to run Yosemite on the system specified in my description to the left. I can't remember what setup I used for multibeast, but that doesn't really matter because I'm not even getting far enough into the boot process for the os to load the drivers. Please help; I can't find any other solution other than restarting from the beginning, and I'd rather not do that.
I turn the computer on, and this appears indefinitely:
Boot 0: GPT
Boot 0: done_

This is all it shows, no errors. The reason this is so weird is, first, it doesn't display an error, and second, this happens even if I don't have a drive of over 1 TB inside. The boot drive is a 16 GB SSD, with an additional 1 TB hard drive (yes, but wait a minute). When I first installed the hard drive, I restarted the system right after partitioning it for osx use, and it worked fine. I restarted it the next day, and then it started to do this. What's really weird is that, as I previously mentioned, when I disconnected the 1 TB hard drive and tried to start up the system again, it did exactly the same thing.

Do a search on "boot 0 error" and you'll find the answer and the fix.

You didn't read the entire post. It isn't really the normal version of a boot 0 error, because it doesn't give an error, it just shows the said list of text forever (with "done" instead of "error"). Also, the hard drive I have installed isn't large enough for a normal boot 0 error, it's just 16 GB, and it has successfully booted before, so this has just appeared arbitrarily, for no apparent reason. Never mind, though; I managed to boot into the os on my normal drive successfully after booting from the usb drive that I used for the installation. If anyone's got a solution that means that I don't need an extra usb drive in my computer, and I don't have to select my hard drive every time I start my computer up, I'm all ears, but until then, I'm happy about not having to troubleshoot this further.

You didn't read the entire post. It isn't really the normal version of a boot 0 error, because it doesn't give an error, it just shows the said list of text forever (with "done" instead of "error"). Also, the hard drive I have installed isn't large enough for a normal boot 0 error, it's just 16 GB, and it has successfully booted before, so this has just appeared arbitrarily, for no apparent reason. Never mind, though; I managed to boot into the os on my normal drive successfully after booting from the usb drive that I used for the installation. If anyone's got a solution that means that I don't need an extra usb drive in my computer, and I don't have to select my hard drive every time I start my computer up, I'm all ears, but until then, I'm happy about not having to troubleshoot this further.

Even though it isn't quite the same error, I suspect the solution is similar, and that you need to reinstall the bootloader on the drive (using the standalone Chimera installer -- yes, I'm making the assumption you're using Chimera since you said you're running Yosemite and not El Capitan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back