Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Nope .. doesn't work. If i use that kext my keyboard and touchpad doesn't work. The kext IS NOT loaded because i can't see it in Kext Wizard info. If i use the "old" rehabman kext i see it loaded in kext wizard and keyboard and touchpad work but with the problems we know (caps lock etc etc).

Thanks
Mattia

Note that when you install or update a kext you should repair perms and rebuild cache. Also you can try booting without cache.

Note that when you install or update a kext you should repair perms and rebuild cache. Also you can try booting without cache.

Already tried that but with no luck. Seems like the kext is not loaded at all

Good new for CAPLOCK issue: a refined VooDooPs2 kext from Dr. Hurt seems to fix this. Let's try his the latest work V8 test2
This release also enable trackpad for ALPS with origin Sierra trackpad PrefPane
As for boot glitch, I use FixEDID tool to inject EDID to Clover and it completely gone.
View attachment 220154
This kext fixed the problem caps lock problem but introduced a lot of other problems like the ALT key not working. I'll try other versions of this kext to check how they perform

I can confirm for the HP Envy j series that with the updated VoodooHDA located here works for Synaptics trackpad (cap lock fix) including advanced Trackpad features, but yeah the Alt key is messed up as the post above suggests. I am not sure if it is a SSDT-Hack ACPI conflict with the new kext, but I was able to fix it with Karabiner-Elements so I get the updated kext with features and my keyboard is working like it should. Hope there is a quick fix so we don't have to always rely on Karabiner.

I can confirm for the HP Envy j series that with the updated VoodooHDA located here works for Synaptics trackpad (cap lock fix) including advanced Trackpad features, but yeah the Alt key is messed up as the post above suggests. I am not sure if it is a SSDT-Hack ACPI conflict with the new kext, but I was able to fix it with Karabiner-Elements so I get the updated kext with features and my keyboard is working like it should. Hope there is a quick fix so we don't have to always rely on Karabiner.

Hi, is the compiled version available? Or you build it first from source code

Thanks

Back