Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Rehabman
Which wifi 5ghz + BT card would you recommend NGFF/m2 for my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad L440)
I ordered a ch341a + soic8 chip and will try removing Whitelist from Bios so i will need to purchase a compatible card.
I would also like to know: Could a genuine macbook card work after i remove whitelist ? (Assuming if it does patches won't be required and should work out of the box ?).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hello, Rehabmen. Is there any hope that the function keys and touchpad prefpanel worked fine in 10.12 ???

All function keys can be made to work with the workarounds already mentioned in post #1.
The missing/non-functional trackpad prefpane seems to be the result of Apple dropping support for certain older Macs. It will require someone to write a replacement prefpane.

The smart ones will stick with 10.11.x.

All function keys can be made to work with the workarounds already mentioned in post #1.
The missing/non-functional trackpad prefpane seems to be the result of Apple dropping support for certain older Macs. It will require someone to write a replacement prefpane.

The smart ones will stick with 10.11.x.
usr-sse2 has already updated his fork of VoodooPS2 with support for the new prefpane (works on both 10.11 and 10.12). I hope ELAN kext author will update his kext too...
https://github.com/usr-sse2/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

I have tried the "Graphics boot glitch patch for 10.12" solution, but it not works, anyone can help me?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 09.36.51.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 09.36.51.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 166
Just figured out that "About this mac" in the Apple menu is not opening on my machine.

Searched the community and the web, but found no availabe info on that. Is there an alternative way to reach the system information or better a way to fix that?

is there a way i can get brightness keys to work ? (xps 13 9343)

Back