Contribute
Register

[README] Common Problems in 10.13 High Sierra

@RehabMan i can confirm that the "HandOff" and "Universal Clipboard" seems to be working much better now on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 & iOS 11.3

Since the release of 10.13 and till - including 10.13.3 "HandOff & Universal Clipboard" didn't work "iPhone to macOS" not even once, i was able to copy on laptop and paste on iPhone but not vice versa.
Same goes for HandOff, i opened app like safari on iPhone, the icon showed up on dock sometimes but whenever i opened it always failed to open where i was on iPhone and showed up the error "HandOff couldn't be completed".
Now after i updated my devices its working fine, although the icon on some apps takes time to show up on dock so basically theres still a delay on the service but at least its working now.
I believe we should see more improvements on the next updates.

However "Instant Hotspot" doesn't seem to work for me and never succeeded to make it work once.
When i click on the WiFi menubar icon, there is a Personal Hotspot where it shows my iPhone 7 Plus "4G"
"connectivity signal bars" & Battery Bar of my iPhone, but when i click to connect, it fails after a few sec of connection attempt.

Just wanted to share this since i thought that this will be the best thread for this.
Will test some more combinations like experimenting a bit more with country code, etc.

backlight buttons don't work in 10.13.4

@RehabMan i can confirm that the "HandOff" and "Universal Clipboard" seems to be working much better now on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 & iOS 11.3

Since the release of 10.13 and till - including 10.13.3 "HandOff & Universal Clipboard" didn't work "iPhone to macOS" not even once, i was able to copy on laptop and paste on iPhone but not vice versa.
Same goes for HandOff, i opened app like safari on iPhone, the icon showed up on dock sometimes but whenever i opened it always failed to open where i was on iPhone and showed up the error "HandOff couldn't be completed".
Now after i updated my devices its working fine, although the icon on some apps takes time to show up on dock so basically theres still a delay on the service but at least its working now.
I believe we should see more improvements on the next updates.

However "Instant Hotspot" doesn't seem to work for me and never succeeded to make it work once.
When i click on the WiFi menubar icon, there is a Personal Hotspot where it shows my iPhone 7 Plus "4G"
"connectivity signal bars" & Battery Bar of my iPhone, but when i click to connect, it fails after a few sec of connection attempt.

Just wanted to share this since i thought that this will be the best thread for this.
Will test some more combinations like experimenting a bit more with country code, etc.

Hard to make any conclusions regarding those BT features due to the wide variety of BT controllers in use on hacks.

Hard to make any conclusions regarding those BT features due to the wide variety of BT controllers in use on hacks.
Thats true but at least, for DW1560 (Vendor ID:05AC ProductID: 216F) i can confirm that it's working now sort of, it still not perfect but sometimes it works. while on previous High Sierra builds it never did work even once.

Also i can confirm that now the Country Code Patch #a does work correctly which it didn't work on 10.13.3

From my experience, 1 thing i learned is that .4 update should be the best update where you can start consider updating and expect most of the things to work, but unfortunately i am a UpdateOholic guy and cant resist trying new features...

Thats true but at least, for DW1560 (Vendor ID:05AC ProductID: 216F) i can confirm that it's working now sort of, it still not perfect but sometimes it works. while on previous High Sierra builds it never did work even once.

Also i can confirm that now the Country Code Patch #a does work correctly which it didn't work on 10.13.3

From my experience, 1 thing i learned is that .4 update should be the best update where you can start consider updating and expect most of the things to work, but unfortunately i am a UpdateOholic guy and cant resist trying new features...
Using the same card here.

Handoff is now working on both directions (Used to work only from Mac to iPhone, as you said).
Universal Clipboard is still working only from Mac to iPhone here. Had it working in the opposite direction only once.

Instant Hotspot & Auto Unlock aren't working. Never worked before. Maybe with 10.13.5 :p

macOS 10.13.4, iOS 11.4 Dev beta 1, watchOS 4.3.

Using the same card here.

Handoff is now working on both directions (Used to work only from Mac to iPhone, as you said).
Universal Clipboard is still working only from Mac to iPhone here. Had it working in the opposite direction only once.

Instant Hotspot & Auto Unlock aren't working. Never worked before. Maybe with 10.13.5 :p

macOS 10.13.4, iOS 11.4 Dev beta 1, watchOS 4.3.
HandOff is still unreliable for me,it does work but lets say it worked with notes,i closed the notes app on iPhone and i opened Safari, it will take a minute or two till safari icon shows up on dock, or it may not show at all.
Instant Hotspot never worked for me,i have no Apple Watch yet,planned to get one but i decided to wait more for 4-th gen to come out since I already waited long enough and don’t want to miss the opportunity to get the latest model.

I screwed up my installation,im doing a clean install on 10.13.4 and will check if i do have the same behavior (i believe that maybe 11.4 beta has something to do with it as well,so it might be a reason why it works ok with you.)
As u said, i hope 10.13.5 and 11.4 completely fixes these issues.

Thanks for the confirmation.

HandOff is still unreliable for me,it does work but lets say it worked with notes,i closed the notes app on iPhone and i opened Safari, it will take a minute or two till safari icon shows up on dock, or it may not show at all.
Instant Hotspot never worked for me,i have no Apple Watch yet,planned to get one but i decided to wait more for 4-th gen to come out since I already waited long enough and don’t want to miss the opportunity to get the latest model.

I screwed up my installation,im doing a clean install on 10.13.4 and will check if i do have the same behavior (i believe that maybe 11.4 beta has something to do with it as well,so it might be a reason why it works ok with you.)
As u said, i hope 10.13.5 and 11.4 completely fixes these issues.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Apps won't show up in the Dock immediately here, it takes 30-60sec to appear.

BTW, from the iOS 11.3 release notes:
  • Improves performance of Handoff and Universal Clipboard when both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network
Though I don't think Handoff was working on both directions when I had the iOS 11.3 beta + macOS 10.13.3, so there's something new with the macOS update too..

Are you using RehabMan's FakePCIID kexts or AirPortBrcmFixup.kext?
I understood using FakePCIID makes AirPortBrcm4360.kext attach to your device, and AirPortBrcmFixup makes AirPortBrcmNIC.kext attach (not sure though. @RehabMan could you please clarify? Do they [Apple's AirPortBrcm kexts] operate differently? Any advantage for one compared to the other? Also, what's AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext?)

@toleda noted here that the 4360 id was removed from AirPortBrcm4360.kext and included inside AirPortBrcmNIC.kext, so it makes me wonder why FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext makes AirPortBrcm4360.kext attach to our devices instead of AirPortBrcmNIC.kext.
There's backwards compatibility with 10.12- of course, but I guess a new injector could be made for 10.13+ (If there's a benefit, anyway)
Also, I guess AirPortBrcm4360.kext will be removed in a future update to macOS anyway.

Hello,

I am trying to make Hackintosh for 10.13.4 and I am stuck in Boot Loop.
I am not sure what exactly went wrong. As I had followed same steps form installing 10.12.4, with working audio and graphics.

Can you please help me out on this...??

I have attached my "CLOVER" directory and the output I am getting just before the boot loop :
BootLoop_Last Message.jpg

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
Hello,

I am trying to make Hackintosh for 10.13.4 and I am stuck in Boot Loop.
I am not sure what exactly went wrong. As I had followed same steps form installing 10.12.4, with working audio and graphics.

Can you please help me out on this...??

I have attached my "CLOVER" directory and the output I am getting just before the boot loop :View attachment 325624

Thanks in Advance.

You did not follow the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Back