Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GS65 Stealth 9SG
CPU
i9-9880H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920x1080 + RTX 2080
This thread is to post and update my project on installing High Sierra with Clover on by new Razer Stealth Laptop.
Dear RehabMan, I was be able to install macOS High Sierra on the laptop using your guide. There are a bunch of things that need to be worked on. So I need your help on a few first things, hope you can help.

1. I am attaching a zip file of Clover folder that I have right now. Including the extracted DSDT/SSDTs from hitting F4. Can you please have a look and tell me what file(s) I need to patch and what file I need to get rid of?

2. How can I tell what my audio version is using macOS or Windows, and what is my layout so I can apply appropriate patch?

3. Also, I replaced Killer Wifi card with DW1830 card. Wifi works as a "Third Party Card" and Bluetooth doesn't work although it does show up in one of the USB ports in IOReg. I've read a guide posted #138 of the Wifi/Bluetooth Guide. But as I install either FakePCIID.kext+Fake_Broadcom_Wifi.kext to make it recognize as Airport Extreme, or using BrcmPatchRam2 + BrcmRepo kexts, the system freeze and wont boot, I have to delete them from S/L/E. Please help.

Thank you

Attachments

• Razer-EFI.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
This thread is to post and update my project on installing High Sierra with Clover on by new Razer Stealth Laptop.
Dear RehabMan, I was be able to install macOS High Sierra on the laptop using your guide. There are a bunch of things that need to be worked on. So I need your help on a few first things, hope you can help.

1. I am attaching a zip file of Clover folder that I have right now. Including the extracted DSDT/SSDTs from hitting F4. Can you please have a look and tell me what file(s) I need to patch and what file I need to get rid of?

2. How can I tell what my audio version is using macOS or Windows, and what is my layout so I can apply appropriate patch?

3. Also, I replaced Killer Wifi card with DW1830 card. Wifi works as a "Third Party Card" and Bluetooth doesn't work although it does show up in one of the USB ports in IOReg. I've read a guide posted #138 of the Wifi/Bluetooth Guide. But as I install either FakePCIID.kext+Fake_Broadcom_Wifi.kext to make it recognize as Airport Extreme, or using BrcmPatchRam2 + BrcmRepo kexts, the system freeze and wont boot, I have to delete them from S/L/E. Please help.

Thank you

ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Obtain audio codec dump from Linux.

For WiFi kexts/procedures, read the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I will work on audio later and report it back. I just think it will be more helpful it you can specifying more rather than posting the links. I am aware of all those guide and have followed through. In this case

1. Can you please have a look at my patched DSDT.aml to see if it is patched correctly? And can you tell me what SSDTs I have to keep and patch and what I need to remove? There are a bunch of them.

3. I've read through all WiFi/Bluetooth posts and even the FAQ, nothing mentioned DW1830 M.2 card and the post said it is natively supported, but the issue is as I mentioned above,please help.
Thanks.

I will work on audio later and report it back. I just think it will be more helpful it you can specifying more rather than posting the links. I am aware of all those guide and have followed through. In this case

1. Can you please have a look at my patched DSDT.aml to see if it is patched correctly? And can you tell me what SSDTs I have to keep and patch and what I need to remove? There are a bunch of them.

3. I've read through all WiFi/Bluetooth posts and even the FAQ, nothing mentioned DW1830 M.2 card and the post said it is natively supported, but the issue is as I mentioned above,please help.
Thanks.

If you have a question regarding your current system configuration, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as requested in the FAQ.

I think DW1830 is BCM94350ZAE. You should check to know for sure...

If you have a question regarding your current system configuration, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as requested in the FAQ.

I think DW1830 is BCM94350ZAE. You should check to know for sure...
Thank you, I was be able to make Wifi+BT work as mentioned in another topic. For now, can you have a look at my EFI folder and guide me what files to patch and what files to remove? Also, can you please have a look at my patched DSDT.aml to see if it looks ok for you? Thanks.

Update:

1. I was be able to make Wifi+BT work as mentioned in another topic by putting those kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.
By the way, I figured out that my laptop is very strange. I cannot install kext to S/L/E in anyway, even by running the Terminal command as in your guide. As soon as I restart, it freeze at boot. But if I put them in Clover/kexts, they work. Did you encounter something like this before?

2. I was be able to make audio work by AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext, also put them in Clover/kexts/Other. I cannot install them to S/L/E as they freeze at reboot.

*3.Updated: I figured that the freeze issue doesn't only happen when I try to install kexts to S/L/E, but also everytime I try to change something in the hard drive, it freezes at reboot. Even put patchmatic in /usr/bin, or any type of change in the hard drive. That's why I cannot install kexts, even in /L/E. Please help!

4. My keyboard works, but no luck with trackpad. I have tried the I2C patch, but there is nothing to apply DSDT when I select Windows 10, although I know 100% Razer Stealth laptop ships with Windows 10. Also, I apply the [GPIO] patch only + install the kexts (check my Clover folder as I marked them grey), it panic restart at boot. If I apply the [Controllers] patch, the compile shows error after the patch. Please help me to fix this.

5. For now, can you have a look at my EFI folder and guide me what files to patch and what files to remove? Also, can you please have a look at my patched DSDT.aml to see if it looks ok for you?

Thanks

Attachments

• Razer-Files-May 28.zip
    6 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Update:

1. I was be able to make Wifi+BT work as mentioned in another topic by putting those kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.
By the way, I figured out that my laptop is very strange. I cannot install kext to S/L/E in anyway, even by running the Terminal command as in your guide. As soon as I restart, it freeze at boot. But if I put them in Clover/kexts, they work. Did you encounter something like this before?

2. I was be able to make audio work by AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext, also put them in Clover/kexts/Other. I cannot install them to S/L/E as they freeze at reboot.

*3.Updated: I figured that the freeze issue doesn't only happen when I try to install kexts to S/L/E, but also everytime I try to change something in the hard drive, it freezes at reboot. Even put patchmatic in /usr/bin, or any type of change in the hard drive. That's why I cannot install kexts, even in /L/E. Please help!

4. My keyboard works, but no luck with trackpad. I have tried the I2C patch, but there is nothing to apply DSDT when I select Windows 10, although I know 100% Razer Stealth laptop ships with Windows 10. Also, I apply the [GPIO] patch only + install the kexts (check my Clover folder as I marked them grey), it panic restart at boot. If I apply the [Controllers] patch, the compile shows error after the patch. Please help me to fix this.

5. For now, can you have a look at my EFI folder and guide me what files to patch and what files to remove? Also, can you please have a look at my patched DSDT.aml to see if it looks ok for you?

Thanks

Read FAQ regarding correct kext installation location:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ.

Read FAQ regarding correct kext installation location:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ.

I am aware of all the links and followed the guide. The thing is that the laptop freezes at restart after I make changes to those folder, so I can't do anything as I have described in *3. I have another laptop HP Omen, doing the same procedure and it works, unlike the Razer. Is there something related to the SSD? Please check my files and let me know. Thanks.

I am aware of all the links and followed the guide. The thing is that the laptop freezes at restart after I make changes to those folder, so I can't do anything as I have described in *3. I have another laptop HP Omen, doing the same procedure and it works, unlike the Razer. Is there something related to the SSD? Please check my files and let me know. Thanks.

No ideas possible without problem reporting files as per FAQ.

I have already posted a zip of all my files for problem reporting in post #6. Anyway this is it again.
Please check all my files and hope you can help me on the problem described. Thank you.

Attachments

• Razer-Files-May 28.zip
    6 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back