Contribute
Register

Razer Stealth 12.5" i7-7500U KabyLake 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those files, regarding kext installation...

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I know you think I don't know how to install kexts. So I made a video to demonstrate what I mean by I cannot make changes to those folder. I use an example of FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext
I did even try again with command sudo kextcache -i /, but it still hangs after I restart. Please watch the video and you will see. I did the same procedure on my other HP Omen, it works.

The problem even happen when I put patchmatic in /usr/bin/, not only with kexts installing.
Please help.
Thanks

I know you think I don't know how to install kexts. So I made a video to demonstrate what I mean by I cannot make changes to those folder. I use an example of FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext
I did even try again with command sudo kextcache -i /, but it still hangs after I restart. Please watch the video and you will see. I did the same procedure on my other HP Omen, it works.

The problem even happen when I put patchmatic in /usr/bin/, not only with kexts installing.
Please help.
Thanks

Once you install FakeSMC.kext to the system volume, you must install *ALL* required kexts also to the system volume.
For example, you don't mention SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext (or other kexts you may need).

You really need to read the guide carefully.

Once you install FakeSMC.kext to the system volume, you must install *ALL* required kexts also to the system volume.
For example, you don't mention SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext (or other kexts you may need).

You really need to read the guide carefully.

Thanks, I will try again to copy everything in Clover/kexts/Other to the system volume. By the way can I keep all kexts duplicate in Clover folder since I have Kexts set to Detect in config.plist?
And I don't have SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext installed in your example. What is that kext for?

Thanks, I will try again to copy everything in Clover/kexts/Other to the system volume. By the way can I keep all kexts duplicate in Clover folder since I have Kexts set to Detect in config.plist?
And I don't have SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext installed in your example. What is that kext for?

Clover/kexts/Other is for "essential" kexts only.
Typically, it is a subset of the kexts you install to /L/E.

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is typically needed for 100-series SATA on laptops.
Read the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Clover/kexts/Other is for "essential" kexts only.
Typically, it is a subset of the kexts you install to /L/E.

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is typically needed for 100-series SATA on laptops.
Read the guide:

So just to confirm that I can keep duplicates kexts in both /L/E/ and Clover/kexts in order to be able to boot if my laptop hangs again.
and btw how do you know my laptop have SATA? and how do you know it is 100 series but not 200? I want to learn more about it too. Thanks.

So just to confirm that I can keep duplicates kexts in both /L/E/ and Clover/kexts in order to be able to boot if my laptop hangs again.
and btw how do you know my laptop have SATA? and how do you know it is 100 series but not 200? I want to learn more about it too. Thanks.

They are not really duplicates due to InjectKexts="Detect".
kext injection is used when necessary, and not when not needed.

There are currently no laptops with 200-series chipset.

They are not really duplicates due to InjectKexts="Detect".
kext injection is used when necessary, and not when not needed.

There are currently no laptops with 200-series chipset.
Then I assume I cannot keep them in both place. What i am afraid is I will not be able to boot to installer to reinstall if I screw up. So can you please recommend what kexts should I place in Clover and what kexts should be in the system so I can try later given my case? All kexts I have right now is in the zip file I uploaded ealier. And yes I will also add SATA-100 kext to the system later. Thank you.

So I have installed all the needed kexts in L/E. There was no duplicate kexts in Clover/kexts/ as you can see in the video. I reboot, it hangs. I did a macOS install using USB installer to the hard drive without formatting it. It successfully boot for one time. Then as soon as I do anything related to the system, like running kextcache, it hangs on reboot. The kextcache output is attached as you can see. I also installed SATA-100 kext. I have no idea what cause this problem. Please watch the video to see my description and help me. Thank you.

https://tinyurl.com/yb4x3arc

Attachments

• kextcache.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Then I assume I cannot keep them in both place.

Since "essential kexts" are a subset of "kexts you need", you will often have "essential kexts" in both places.
You really need to read carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back