Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 14 2014 Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked though the config.plists, and made sure those patches were enabled, however now the boot hangs on a cpu power management issue/ "ppgtt is enabled"

Progress has been made however, as it seems that I installed an older version of clover configuration, in the previous install, that must have lead to incompatible config.plist files, leading to the need to use "cpus=1" (it is not needed anymore)

I think the fault may lie in the fact that I used the method of patching the iokit that is meant for the xps9530.

Would there be any other way of patching the iokit, that isnt specific to only one pc?

Edit: after trying a bunch of diferent kexts, one of them allowed me to boot while "inject intel" was active. The hd 4600 is now detected, but still shows 21mb, and acceleration is not active.

No need to install kexts, restore to vanilla. IOKit patching is generic.

Boot with external monitor for troubleshooting.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

The framebuffer patch for DVMT-prealloc must match your setting in BIOS.

No need to install kexts, restore to vanilla. IOKit patching is generic.

Boot with external monitor for troubleshooting.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

The framebuffer patch for DVMT-prealloc must match your setting in BIOS.

clover files attached below.

Framebuffer patch is 96mb (same as in the bios)

config.plist is your example for the hd4600, with the device id changed for the graphics.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 105
clover files attached below.

Framebuffer patch is 96mb (same as in the bios)

config.plist is your example for the hd4600, with the device id changed for the graphics.

The edits you made are incorrect.

The InfoPlistPatch should NOT be checked. It is a binary patch, not Info.plist. And the patch is still disabled. Remove 'disabled:' from the Name field, or it won't match on any kext.

Also, the patch is for ig-platform-id 0xa2e0008. You have Graphics/ig-platform-id=0xa260006. Change to 0xa2e0008.

Not sure what you mean by "with the device id changed for the graphics"...

I assume you have FakeSMC.kext installed to /S/L/E. With that in mind, remember that the kexts you have in Clover/kexts will not be injected.

What is the source of the AML files in ACPI/patched? Do not attempt to use patching instructions for another computer.

The edits you made are incorrect.

The InfoPlistPatch should NOT be checked. It is a binary patch, not Info.plist. And the patch is still disabled. Remove 'disabled:' from the Name field, or it won't match on any kext.

Also, the patch is for ig-platform-id 0xa2e0008. You have Graphics/ig-platform-id=0xa260006. Change to 0xa2e0008.

Not sure what you mean by "with the device id changed for the graphics"...

I assume you have FakeSMC.kext installed to /S/L/E. With that in mind, remember that the kexts you have in Clover/kexts will not be injected.

What is the source of the AML files in ACPI/patched? Do not attempt to use patching instructions for another computer.

Edits regarding the plist patches have been made.

what I meant by "with the device id changed for the graphics" is the fakeID is matched with the deviceID of the gpu (deviceID for my mobile haswell is 416 as oppose to 412, so I changed the fakeID to 0x04168086).

the source of my patched aml files were from a tutorial for the dell 9530. Are there any non system specific tutorials?

Edits regarding the plist patches have been made.

what I meant by "with the device id changed for the graphics" is the fakeID is matched with the deviceID of the gpu (deviceID for my mobile haswell is 416 as oppose to 412, so I changed the fakeID to 0x04168086).

The edit is incorrect. You need to use 0x04128086.

The idea behind FakeID is to inject a *supported* ID. No sense in injecting the native, *unsupported* ID.

the source of my patched aml files were from a tutorial for the dell 9530. Are there any non system specific tutorials?

ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

None of my .dsl files have gfx0 in their scope. the closest thing is pci0, and maciasl does not let me patch the "haswell hd4600 yosemite" patch on any of my files.

Post all native files.

Note: There is no need for the patch you mention.

Post all native files.

Note: There is no need for the patch you mention.

SSdt/Dsdt files attached (both .aml, and .dsl)

Is patching these files necessary for getting graphics acceleration to work?

Attachments

• ssdt:dsdt.zip
    91.5 KB · Views: 117
SSdt/Dsdt files attached (both .aml, and .dsl)

Device GFX0 is defined in DSDT.

Note:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:ssdt-dsdt RehabMan$ grep Device.*GFX0 *.dsl
DSDT.dsl:        Device (GFX0)

Is patching these files necessary for getting graphics acceleration to work?

No.

Device GFX0 is defined in DSDT.

Note:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:ssdt-dsdt RehabMan$ grep Device.*GFX0 *.dsl
DSDT.dsl:        Device (GFX0)

No.
Oh.... Facepalm XD

Right now graphics acceleration/ proper recognition of the hd4600 is the only thing keeping this install from being stable.

What would I have to do to to reach this goal?

the hd4600 is recognized, but it says no kexts loaded in system info

I believe the iokit has been patched for higher pixel clocks, and everything in the config.plist is as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back