Contribute
Register

Random wake-up after Mojave? Here's the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I recently noticed random wake-ups (but going back to sleep immediately) during the night and disabled proximitywake, but no success. Any other ideas? I use darkwake=10 kernel parameter to have usb keyboard wakeup with a single key stroke (otherwise, I need to press a button several times to wake up the screen, too) - not sure if this is related or the best way to fix it.
I attached the debug file for reference.
Many thanks, Frank

Attachments

• debug_12043.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
Hello,

I recently noticed random wake-ups (but going back to sleep immediately) during the night and disabled proximitywake, but no success. Any other ideas? I use darkwake=10 kernel parameter to have usb keyboard wakeup with a single key stroke (otherwise, I need to press a button several times to wake up the screen, too) - not sure if this is related or the best way to fix it.
I attached the debug file for reference.
Many thanks, Frank

Your USB ports are not configured properly. This is the common reason for random wakeup. The easiest way is to use Hackintool — https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v1-8-3.254559/ (check 1st post for USB-manual).

Thanks, I will try to create a specific USB injector Kext with this tool. I was not aware of the tool. I did make the port discovery test, but kept USB Inject All with a long exclusion list as boot parameter (mainly because without knowledge of this tool, the next steps according to RehabMan's tutorial seemed very complicated and I achieved to limit to the 15 ports I needed with my method, too). My inital assumption was that the result should be the same.

Thanks, I will try to create a specific USB injector Kext with this tool. I was not aware of the tool. I did make the port discovery test, but kept USB Inject All with a long exclusion list as boot parameter (mainly because without knowledge of this tool, the next steps according to RehabMan's tutorial seemed very complicated and I achieved to limit to the 15 ports I needed with my method, too). My inital assumption was that the result should be the same.

Yep, RehabMan's guide is very complicated. This one is mutch simple.

The Hackintool does not read any values on my machine. Is there an issue with 10.14.3? The latest posts here indicate simialr problems: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v1-8-3.254559/post-1909730

Strange. Mine works fine (10.14.3). Try any previous version.

I created a USBPorts.kext with an older elease and removed USBInjectAll. Still the same issue. Any other ideas? I attach a new debug file.
Is there any advantage in using the SSDT method against the Injector Kext method? Have not tried it yet after Kackintoll has been updated to work again.

Attachments

• debug_32011.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
I created a USBPorts.kext with an older elease and removed USBInjectAll. Still the same issue. Any other ideas? I attach a new debug file.

Your config.plist is super messy. Check my config (same chipset, same CPU, same GPU) and try to minimize all unnecessary settings.

You also need to check pmset settings.

Is there any advantage in using the SSDT method against the Injector Kext method? Have not tried it yet after Kackintoll has been updated to work again.

Both methods do the same thing. Hackintool just easier.

report:
I actually can't wake my mac up by using any USB keyboard or mouse, even Apple wired keyboard & magic mouse.

My machine has a Gigabyte motherboard. If you went into the startup routine, there were a bunch of choices. One of them was for which device would wake up the computer. Mine was set for the keyboard, but not the mouse. I have thought about changing that, but so far have not been motivated to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back