Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070
Please help this is driving me crazy.

Everything is working fine but after maybe 15min of using using the computer I get random freezes or crashes..

I get "Unable to load content" on safari and chrome that usually causes the crash.

Please help this is driving me crazy.

Everything is working fine but after maybe 15min of using using the computer I get random freezes or crashes..

I get "Unable to load content" on safari and chrome that usually causes the crash.

Hi there :)

A short while back I too had this problem and pulled most of my hair out trying this and that, but to no avail.

In the end what cured it was to re-install Sierra. I didn't do a complete format. All I did was boot into my UniBeast stick (choose it with F12 at BIOS screen and when Clover comes up choose the External UniBeast USB to boot from) and then proceed with an install. Don't use DiskUtil and re-partition or re-format, that will destroy all your data and previous apps. This will refresh the Sierra install and take twice as long as a clean install but leave all data untouched.

Once done update Sierra as needed and re-install Nvidia drivers.

Hopefully that will sort the problem. It did for me, but if your problem is something else, may not. Worth a try though :)

Hi there :)

A short while back I too had this problem and pulled most of my hair out trying this and that, but to no avail.

In the end what cured it was to re-install Sierra. I didn't do a complete format. All I did was boot into my UniBeast stick (choose it with F12 at BIOS screen and when Clover comes up choose the External UniBeast USB to boot from) and then proceed with an install. Don't use DiskUtil and re-partition or re-format, that will destroy all your data and previous apps. This will refresh the Sierra install and take twice as long as a clean install but leave all data untouched.

Once done update Sierra as needed and re-install Nvidia drivers.

Hopefully that will sort the problem. It did for me, but if your problem is something else, may not. Worth a try though :)

Thank you for the response but I think I found the issue... I was booting with system "iMac14,2" but shouldn't it be 17,1 since I'm running Skylake + 1050 graphics?

Thank you for the response but I think I found the issue... I was booting with system "iMac14,2" but shouldn't it be 17,1 since I'm running Skylake + 1050 graphics?

OK, no problem. :)

Personally I would use 14,2 - and indeed that is what I am doing. You are technically correct that 17,1 more closely matches a Skylake CPU (nothing to do with the GPU, no real Mac has a 1050). There's plenty of discussion and guidance around here for the 17,1 and in preventing a black screen on boot (needs two extra kexts), but I'm not sure it's the same issue.

Good luck anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back